As a special end-of-year treat, we took a look back at Victoria Buzz’s most popular photos and videos on Facebook in 2017.
Not only is it easy to see why the scenic Victoria was named one of the top ten most instagrammed places in Canada, but we now also have a bucket list of locations to explore in 2018!
From 5,000 people dressed in red and white to form a Canadian flag during the Canada 150 celebrations, to sights of activism during the Women’s March in Centennial Square, and a Sooke man dealing with bears that block his way to work in the most Canadian way possible – this past year has certainly been an eventful one!
So check out this highlight reel of the photos and videos that got the most likes, comments, and shares in 2017 from YOU – the audience of Victoria Buzz!
20. The rising sun illuminating the Gorge Waterway
19. A mountain cloaked in a pink haze
Cotton candy skies last night in Sidney.Matt Ferguson Photography
18. The serene Shawnigan lake, blanketed in snow
17. Sunlight shining through trees in East Sooke
Last night's sunset from East Sooke.📷 Chris Allen Photography
16. An RCMP officer showing off his scooter-skills
Meanwhile in Ladysmith. An RCMP officer ditched the patrol car to rip it up on a push scooter at a skateboard park.
15. Vibrant cherry blossom trees overlooking the streets of James Bay
James Bay pretty in pink. Photo by Cathrine Davis
14. More cherry blossom trees forming a canopy over Moss Street
Pink canopy over Moss Street. 🌸Photo by Doug Clement Photography
13. A waterfall enshrouded in green at Sombrio Beach
The hidden waterfall at Sombrio Beach.Photo by Drake Dyck
12. An owl perched on a tree outside the Bay Centre
Owl spotted outside the Starbucks at The Bay Centre. Photo by Jimmy Franco
11. A moon peeping through the clouds over Victoria
Moonrise over Victoria Doug Clement Photography
10. An expansive photo from Hurricane Hill
Port Angeles, Victoria, Vancouver all captured in one photo from Hurricane Hill. Photo by TAO Photography
9. Snow-capped trees standing tall in Shawnigan lake
Koksilah River, Shawnigan lake.Photo by Laurie Ann Milton – LAM Images
8. An Orca saying “Hi” to a ship in Esquimalt Lagoon
Orca spotted passing by Esquimalt Lagoon Video courtesy of Brooke Houston and Brent Coultas
7. Victorians celebrating Canada 150 by forming a human flag
Look at that beautiful flag! This year's edition of the Living Flag featured nearly 5,000 people, making it the largest Living Flag in Victoria's history!🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
6. The Women’s March at Centennial Square
The Women's March is taking place at Centennial Square today. 📷 Jeff Moen
5. A Victorian winter wonderland
Snowflake covered Victoria! Photo by Christine Walters
4. A frozen fountain in front of the BC Parliament building
You know it's cold outside when…Photo by Ocean Wave Photography
3. Rushing waters in Ucluelet
Storm watching in Ucluelet, B.C.📷 Hello Nature
2. A photo of the Canada Day crowd from the bell tower
What a great crowd photo from the bell tower at the Legislature! 🇨🇦150Photo by the Victoria Police Department
1. The most Canadian response to a family of bears
Meanwhile in Sooke: How a Canadian responds to wildlife 😂Video by Jordan Cote
What was your favourite 2017 photo/video moment?