There’s no doubt about it – Canadians are spoiled for choice when it comes to restaurants, cafés, and eateries.
Eating out (or ordering in) can become a struggle for the eternal foodie because of the large variety of options – so Yelp decided to narrow it down for us a little.
They’ve compiled a list of the top 100 places to eat in Canada based on reviews, photos and tips, so when you’ve got the munchies when traveling the country, you’ll know just where to go!
On Vancouver Island
Five famed Vancouver Island eateries made it on to the list, and you might already be able to guess what they are!
- #40 – Fishhook, Victoria BC
- #49 – Nubo Japanese Tapas, Victoria BC
- #75 – Jam Cafe, Victoria BC
- #79 – Bread and Honey Food Company, Parksville BC
- #82 – Brasserie L’ecole, Victoria BC
Top 20 in Canada
13 of the top 20 best places to eat in Canada are located in Ontario, with 7 of them in Toronto, making it the food capital of the country according to Yelp, just like last year!
- Baretto Caffe – Toronto, ON
- Muncheez – Markham, ON
- Wild Thyme – New Westminster, BC
- Alo Restaurant – Toronto, ON
- The Himalayan – Calgary, AB
- Ay Caramba, Eh – Vaughan, ON
- Yasu – Toronto, ON
- Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza – Toronto, ON
- Under The Table Restaurant – Toronto, ON
- Hibachi Grill – Pickering, ON
- Number e food – Vancouver, BC
- Damas – Montréal, QC
- New Orleans Seafood & Steakhouse – Toronto, ON
- Fat Ninja Bite – Toronto, ON
- Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse – Toronto, ON
- Rick’s Good Eats – Mississauga, ON
- Bouillon Bilk – Montréal, QC
- Chip+Malt – Newmarket, ON
- The Rimrock Cafe – Whistler, BC
- Lan’s Asian Grill – Edmonton, AB