A complete overhaul of the waterfront at Ship Point is coming closer and closer to fruition.
To learn more about what that overhaul will entail, the public are invited to attend a presentation at Victoria City Hall on Tuesday, May 15, at 5 p.m.
Following the presentation, the next step is for City Council to approve a draft Ship Point Master Plan next month, with implementation to take place in 2020.
Promenades, patios and pavilions are all part of the long-term plan for Ship Point. Join us tomorrow to find out more about the Ship Point Master Plan.
Tuesday, May 15, 5 – 7 pm, presentation 5:20, Victoria City Hall https://t.co/5oV4qmmMgZ pic.twitter.com/X75RRhqSMw
— City of Victoria (@CityOfVictoria) May 14, 2018
The Ship Point Master Plan is the culmination of a process that started about a year ago to renew the waterfront at the Inner Harbour.
The new concept includes an increase in the amount of green space and a few additional structures, but also maintains some of the car and boat parking.
As per the City of Victoria’s website, the vision for the new space includes the following:
- Provide a site design and infrastructure to create a signature waterfront park and destination, and to support the location of year-round special events and festivals
- Strengthen pedestrian connections along the waterfront and to the Downtown
- Provide limited parking and improve the overall aesthetics
- Program the site for year round activity to make the site more inviting
- Support downtown economic health and vibrancy
- Maintain access and circulation to the sea plane terminal
Check out some concept images below.