Victoria Police has just released a Tweet about an individual who required assistance.
The incident occurred in the 600-block of Gorge Road East, and police responded to the call at about 12:20 PM this afternoon.
Multiple sources suggest that the man lit himself on fire behind Shark Club. He was taken to the hospital was life-threatening injuries.
According to Bowen Osoko, VicPD spokesperson, both the fire department and BC Ambulance were onsite immediately.
Victoria Buzz spoke to Lorie Jimenez, who confirmed that a customer ran into her business (Sub Stop Shop) asking for a fire extinguisher to help a man who was on fire in the parking lot.
Lorie’s husband, Jesse, then quickly doused the flames with an extinguisher, after which paramedics, police, and firefighters were called on site. He is now speaking to investigators.
This story is breaking. More information will be released as it becomes available.
Officers have just to a person who needed assistance call in the 600-block of Gorge Road East. One person has gone to hospital with life-threatening injuries. We're investigating. #yyjtraffic in the area may be affected. #F1817951
— Victoria Police (@vicpdcanada) May 2, 2018