Can you believe we’re almost halfway through September?!
Here are 5 events to tide you over until the weekend:
- What: It’s the opening night of Victoria’s most happening music festival! The three day, four night music festival that takes over Royal Athletic Park by day and the downtown core of Victoria by night is finally here. With nearly 200 artists—including Daniel Caesar, Jessie Reyez, Adventure Club, Current Swell & Friends, Bishop Briggs, and Lights—this year promises to be the biggest yet.
- When: September 13–16
- Where: Various venues including Royal Athletic Park
- Cost: $44.50 to $299.50; full ticket pricing here
- What: EFM’s 4th outdoor season runs from May 24th at Memorial Park, every Thursday, rain or shine, until September 13th. Find locally grown produce, live music, artisans, food trucks, locally made foods and a buzzing community hub, every week!
- When: 4:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Memorial Park, 1230 Esquimalt Rd
- What: Dress in your throwback best, or come as you are and enjoy some great drinks, food and fun, every Thursday night at Yates Street Taphouse! Unwind and rewind for some throwback fun. They’re going Back to the Future 80s and 90s with drink specials, $2 tacos, $1.50 corn dogs and a retro playlist.
- When: 8:30 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- Where: Yates Street Taphouse Bar & Grill, 759 Yates St
- What: In anticipation of the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria building renewal project, they will be exploring how galleries can engage and connect with their local communities, and beyond. While under construction they’ll have the opportunity to build on ways of programming that work outside the walls of the gallery space. Join the Gallery and participate in this intriguing dialogue!
- When: 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Where: Art Gallery of Greater Victoria, 1040 Moss St
- Admission: Free
- What: Around the world, over 60 million people are currently displaced creating the worst refugee crisis since the Second World War. This event hosted by the Salish Sea Refugee Sponsorship Group will explore global, national and local responses to the crisis and a discussion on what we can all do to help. The event is also a fundraiser for the Group who have been working together to bring members of a Syrian refugee family to Victoria for the past two years.
- When: 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Where: Victoria City Hall, 1 Centennial Square
- Admission: By donation on a sliding scale of $10 to $20, available at the door. Refugees may attend for no charge.
For more things to do, check out our events page!