Below are some great ideas, activities, and events to celebrate Thanksgiving weekend in Victoria. Keep checking back as we add more things to do!
- What: Experience the magic of Cirque du Soleil without having to leave the island! The largest theatrical producer in the world will be at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre from October 4th to 7th with their newest show, Corteo.
- When: Thursday, October 4th, 7:30 PM
Friday, October 5th, 3:30 PM and 7:30 PM
Saturday, October 6th, 3:30 PM and 7:30 PM
Sunday, October 7th, 1 PM and 5 PM
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre
- Admission: Tickets start at $45. Available for purchase online by phone at 250-220-7777, or in person at Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre box office.
- What: Victoria’s Harvest Celebration of Fresh Hop Beer – As any fan of craft beer knows, with the arrival of fall comes the annual harvest of the mighty hop. Many BC craft breweries celebrate this time of the season by brewing beers with hops that are as fresh as it gets. Join us in celebrating the annual hop harvest and BC Craft Beer Month with over 20+ fresh hop beers from some of BC’s best craft breweries!
- When: Saturday 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: Roundhouse at Bayview Place
- What: The 2018 Victoria Zombie Walk takes place on Sunday, October 7th. Hordes will trudge their way through downtown Victoria in search of British Columbia’s finest brains.
- When: Sunday, October 7th, 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: Centennial Square
- What: William Head Prison in Metchosin, BC, is the home the prison theatre company of William Head on Stage (or WHoS), Canada’s longest-running prison theatre program. Since 1981, the inmates have staged a play each fall and invited the general public. Anyone can buy a ticket, go through prison security, enter the prison gymnasium and experience the show. This October, the company is creating and performing their new play The Crossroads: A Prison Cabaret, set in a supernatural limbo, buried beneath the roots of a giant tree.
- Where: William Head Institution – 6000 William Head Road
- When: Saturday at 7:15 p.m.
- What: Meet the Mayoral and Councillor Candidates for the upcoming October 20th Municipal Election! They will be hosting a meet & greet info session at the Oaklands Community Centre on October 7th & 8th.
- Where: Oaklands Community Association – 1-2827 Belmont Ave
- When: Sunday 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- What: Come celebrate the best windfest ever and keep the stoke going. All proceeds will be funneled into next year’s event to keep the stoke alive.
- Where: ANIÁN – 575 Johnson st
- When: Saturday 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- What: Vancouver Island Multiple Births Association organizes a huge consignment sale twice a year and this is their winter one! Tons of clothing, books, toys, shoes, potties, bouncy chairs, cribs, strollers, and more. You name it, it’s probably here and for a good price! Open to VIMBA members at 9:00am and General Public at 9:30am.
- Where: Pearkes Recreation Centre – 3100 Tillicum Road Saanich
- When: Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.