Since heaven is a place on earth (*cough*Vancouver Island*cough*), it follows that the best vacations happen here too.
According to Condé Nast Traveler: Reader’s Choice Awards, 10 of the top twelve resorts in Canada are located in British Columbia, and 2 of them are right here on the island.
Ranked number 1 is the gorgeous Wickaninnish Inn in Tofino, while the Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa clocked in at number 7.
With its gorgeous West Coast views, coveted spa, comfy rooms, and all round perfect vacation vibes, it’s no wonder that travellers picked the Wickaninnish as their favourite retreat in the country.
The rankings are determined by almost 500,000 readers of Condé Nast Traveler who have rated their travel experiences so that the rest of us can plan out where we should go next!
View this post on Instagram
So thrilled to be acknowledged as one of the best hotels in the world, and the top resort in #Canada, among such esteemed company – thank you! And congrats to fellow #relaisandchateauxcanada list toppers on Condé Nast #RCA2018 @sonoraresort @aubergesaintantoine @manoirhovey @wedgewoodhotel . . #travelcanada #explorebc #vision #consistency #keepimproving #gratefultoourguests #familyownedandoperated
Here’s the full list:
- Wickaninnish Inn – Tofino, BC
- Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside – Whistler, BC
- The Westin Resort and Spa – Whistler, BC
- Sonora Resort – Sonora Island, BC
- Nita Lake Lodge – Whistler, BC
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler – Whistler, BC
- Brentwood Bay Resort and Spa – Brentwood Bay, BC
- Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre – Whistler, BC
- Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat and Health Spa – Ainsworth Hot Springs, BC
- Fairmont Banff Springs – Banff, AB
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise – Lake Louise, AB
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences – Whistler, BC