From hockey to craft fairs and an evening with Glass Tiger, here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today, Friday November 9.
It’s a Friday night battle between the Royals and Chiefs. It’s the first of back-to-back games between the two teams. They also play Saturday night.
- When: Puck drop is at 7 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre – 1925 Blanshard Street
The most established fair on Vancouver Island is back this weekend for the 41st. The event offers a true extravaganza of outstanding arts, crafts, and demonstrations at this popular 3-day event at Victoria’s Pearkes Rec Centre.consecutive year.
- When: Friday, November 9th: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, November 10th: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday, November 11th: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: Pearkes Recreation Centre – 3100 Tillicum Road
- Cost: Public admission to the show is $6 per day or $6.50 for all 3 days. Children under the age of 12 accompanied by an adult get in for free.
An Evening with Glass Tiger plus Jessica Mitchell. “Don’t Forget Me (When I’m Gone)”
An Acoustic Evening of Songs and Storytelling: They say a great song, is a great song no matter the format, no matter the genre, no matter the era.
Glass Tiger is synonymous with great songs from a genre and an era destined to be “classic.” Along with Singer, Writer, Performer, Johnny Reid, Glass Tiger has ventured into the studio and come out with 12 of their best songs totally reimagined. These iconic songs, will be presented with all the exquisite charm, honesty and simplicity as the day they were written.
- When: 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Where: Royal Theatre & McPherson Playhouse – 3 Centennial Square/805 Broughton Street
Shop and celebrate the holidays in vintage style! Yes, find unique, one-of-a-kind gifts for yourself and loved ones this year! Scoop up charming, vintage holiday decorations and ornaments for your home, and have a fun, festive time with our vintage-style entertainment too!
- Friday, November 9: 4-9pm
- Saturday, November 10: 10am-4pm
- What: Leonardo Da Vinci Italian Centre – 195 Bay Street
The World of Dance Live Tour is a live interpretation of the TV show “World of Dance”, NBC’s hit dance competition series. The 16-episode series from Universal Television Alternative Studio and Nuyorican Productions will give dancers the platform to showcase their talents and the opportunity to receive a life-altering grand prize of $1 million. The show recently moved to a prime-time slot – Wednesdays at 8pm – and its ratings continue to soar.
- When: 8 p.m.
- What: Royal Theatre & McPherson Playhouse – 3 Centennial Square/805 – Street