The holiday season is officially here, and it’s time to glam up and get festive!
Galas and special dinners are a fun part of the holiday season, and who doesn’t like getting dressed up to causes close to their hearts?
There are quite a number of these fancy events coming up soon in Victoria:
This black tie event will be hosted on Saturday, November 17th at the Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour, as a celebration of diversity in entrepreneurship on Vancouver Island.
Victoria owner and founder of Who Dyd Your Hair, Yolande Johnston, along with the Who Dyd Your Hair team will be celebrating ten new local businesses and professionals that contribute to the black community in Greater Victoria and Vancouver Island.
You can look forward to delicious African and Caribbean food and drinks,along with a photobooth, an awards ceremony, and other entertainment. The gala will also feature artists like MC Patrick Pompenneau, DJ Redline, Mindset Coach Rashida Gaye and fashion designer Dellismade.
- When: Saturday, November 17th, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour, 728 Humboldt St
- Admission: Tickets are $50. Click here to purchase.
The UVic Global Medical Dental Brigades is hosting a gala and charitable event on November 17th at Victoria Oddfellows. The night will start off with cocktails, followed by a speech from a keynote speaker, and end with food and a live music performance by OK Charlie.
There will also be a silent auction with prizes from local businesses in Victoria, so if you like giving back to charities and glamming up at the same time, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- When: Saturday, November 17th, 6 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Oddfellows, 1315 Douglas St
- Admission: Tickets are $40. Click here to purchase.
*Note: This event is 19+.
The Vancouver Island Wedding Industry Association hosts this annual event to celebrate accomplishments and achievements of talented wedding professionals all over Vancouver Island.
You’re invited for an evening of cocktails and socializing, followed by a dinner and award ceremony hosted by the Songhees Wellness Centre. Table reservations are available for groups with 10 people.
- When: Tuesday, November 20th, 5 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Where: Songhees Wellness Centre, 1100 Admirals Rd
- Admission: Tickets are $65. Click here to purchase.
*Note: This event is 19+.
On November 23rd, the Westmont Montessori School is hosting their annual auction night at the Olympic View Golf Club to celebrate the accomplishments and achievements of the school.
The event will kick off with drinks, appetizers, a balloon raffle, and both a silent and live auction, with all proceeds going to support the school and its community.
- When: Friday, November 23rd, 6 p.m.
- Where: Olympic View Golf Club, 643 Latoria Rd
- Admission: Tickets are $25. Click here to purchase.
If you’re a fan of wine and cheese, then you are going to love this: the Francophone Society of Victoria is hosting a special wine and cheese tasting night on December 2nd.
From 5 to 7 p.m., you can taste between 6 to 8 different wines with Sommelier Jacques Lacoste. Come and learn about wine and cheese, and maybe brush up on your French!
- When: Sunday, December 2nd, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Where: 1218 Langley St
- Admission: Tickets are $30-$40. Click here to purchase.
Feeling festive and want to give back? The ReInvestors are hosting their annual Holiday Charity Fundraiser on December 12th at Bayview Place, and it promises to be a blast!
Food and drinks are offered at this charity mixer, along with a silent auction with lots of prizes up for grabs.
All proceeds will go to the International Network of Hearts – a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing hope, safety, and empowerment to children recovering from human trafficking.
- When: Wednesday, December 12th, 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Where: Bayview Place, 80 Saghalie Rd
- Admission: Tickets are between $20-30. Click here to purchase
Did we miss any? Comment below to let us know!