Hey Victoria, get ready to have your streets lit up by roughly 80 brilliantly-decorated trucks for the 20th year in a row!
The annual IEOA truck light convoy and food drive is back this Saturday, the very first day of December.
The convoy is a procession of local commercial trucks decorated in hundreds of Christmas lights that also helps line the shelves of the Mustard Seed Street Church & Food Bank – what’s not to love?!
The IEOA (Island Equipment Owners Association) has been collecting food for the past two weeks leading up to the event, and the past 19 light convoys gathered over 160,000 lbs of non-perishable food for local food banks.
Victoria Buzz Live stream
If you can’t make it to the beautiful live event, you can still have a great view of the evening: Victoria Buzz will be live broadcasting from Oak Bay Village on our Facebook page thanks to the following sponsors: Sitka Law Group and West Shore Towing.
Here’s how you can participate in this Victorian holiday tradition:
Donation stations for your non-perishable goods have been set up at the following businesses around town, so you can help IEOA give back to the community this holiday season.
- P&R Truck Centre: 2005 Keating X Rd, 2095 Millstream Rd, 400 Burnside Rd East
- All-Ways Towing: 647B Dupplin Road
- Real English Victoria Language Co-op: 301-1111 Blanshard Street,
- Remedy Wellness Centre: 214-852 Fort Street
- BeaverTails Victoria: 602 Broughton Street
- Engel & Volkers: 2249 Oak Bay Avenue
- Pemberton Holmes: 2000 Oak Bay Avenue
- RE/MAX Camosun: 2239 Oak Bay Avenue
- Vic News: 818 Broughton Street
- Goldstream News: 205- 774 Goldstream Avenue
- Tim Hortons: 845 Goldstream Avenue, 739 McCallum Road, 1820 Island Highway, #840 – 2945 Jacklin Road, #102 – 2890 Westshore Parkway
- Serious Coffee: Millstream Shopping Centre, 101 – 2401G Millstream Road
- Buddies Toys Victoria: 1831 Oak Bay Avenue
Here’s a map of the convoy route
For a detailed look at spots around the route where you can pick up food, warm up, or even take pictures with Santa, check out the IEOA website.
- When: Saturday, December 1st, 5:45 PM – 8:30 PM
- Where: See route map
- Admission: Free; donate your non-perishable food items at the locations listed above