Looking to end your weekend with a day of fun around the capital? Here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today, Friday December 14th!
The Victoria Royals are back in action today taking on the Prince George Cougars. This is the Royals third game at home this week. They also play Saturday and will be taking on the Giants and it’s Teddy Bear Toss night!
- When: Doors open at 6 p.m. Puck drops at 7:05 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
Mark Farina has solidified himself in the world of Dance Music as a trailblazing DJ, Producer, tastemaker and bona fide House Music icon. After 3 decades crisscrossing the globe, he shows no signs of slowing down remaining innovative, humble, and firmly rooted in the underground.
- When: 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Where: Capital Ballroom, 858 Yates Street
All aboard the Christmas Express a 1910 steam locomotive as it travels through thousands of twinkling lights that adorn the 100 acre enchanted woods of the BC Forest Discovery Centre. Thousands of visitors over the years have made a Christmas tradition of attending this colourful and entertaining event.
- When: Runs on weekends from Saturday, December 1st to Sunday, December 16th, with the addition of Wednesday, December 19th through to Sunday, December 23rd, a total of 13 magical evenings. The BC Forest Discovery Centre opens at 4 p.m. on these dates with train departures every 20 minutes beginning at 4:30pm. The last train departs at 8:30 p.m.
- Where: BC Forest Discovery Centre, 2892 Drinkwater Road
You can be sure to get your Christmas list to “The Man with the Bag” himself during December. See Father Christmas in Old Town during December (December 7-9 and December 14-16) from 11 am to 3 pm. Included with admission or membership; photos are by donation.
- When: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street
The 27th Annual Festival of Trees at the Bay Centre has begun! See the Bay Centre transformed into a glowing forest of hand-decorated trees. Share in the spirit by voting for your favourite (like ours ), with all proceeds supporting the most urgent health care needs of kids in BC.
Trees will be on display at the Bay Centre starting November 15, 2018, through January 7, 2019.
- When: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (during shopping centre hours)
- Where: The Bay Centre