‘Tis the season of giving, and what better way to celebrate than by sharing some baked goods with the less fortunate.
That’s exactly what Caring With Cookies plans to do, going into its 11th consecutive year of providing Christmas cheer to shelters across Vancouver Island. And they’re looking for you to chip in!
Created by Stacy Middlemiss, the program started in 2008 with just a single shelter and has now grown to become an Island-wide tradition.
How it works
You bake a few dozen cookies, CWC bags them in individual packages, and delivers them to several shelters around the island.
In 2016, over 1200 packages were delivered to 22 different shelters/organizations on Vancouver Island.
You can donate cookies from now until December 19th at one of the designated drop-off locations:
- Victoria: Private home, 1020 Burnside Rd W
- Westshore: Private home, call or text 250-213-2113 for address
- Nanaimo: Island Savings Woodgrove Mall, 97-6631 Island Hwy
- Ladysmith: Uforik Computers, 410B First Ave.
- Mill Bay: The Mill Pizza & Grill, 260-2720 Mill Bay Rd
- Duncan: Pacific CoastCom, 951 A Canada Ave
- Lake Cowichan: Country Grocer, 83 Cowichan Lake Rd
And if you cannot make it to any of these locations, contact Stacy Middlemiss at [email protected] or call her at 250-419-1473.
A couple of years ago, Middlemiss’s work was even featured on Live with Kelly and Michael!
This year, let’s help them make it even bigger!
With files from Alistair Ogden.