Happy Friday, everyone!
There’s improv to watch, hockey teams to cheer on, and multi-media concerts to enjoy tonight!
Kickstart your weekend and the first day of February with these 5 things to do in and around Victoria.
Prepare for a night of dangerously funny improv with the Vikes Improv team, Yes Ampersand!
Hear about the improvisers’ hilarious successes and failures of 2018 in tonight’s show, their first of the year.
- When: 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: David Lam Auditorium – UVic, 3800 Finnerty Road
Get your disco dancing shoes ready, Victoria!
Come check out a groovy 70’s inspired gala complete with drinks and a film screening for this year’s 25th annual Victoria Film Festival!
- When: 6:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
- Where: 747 Fort Street
It’s a battle of nations tonight at the Save-on-Foods Memorial Arena!
Come demonstrate a little patriotic pride and root for our city’s team as they battle against their Washington-based opponents.
- When: Puck drops at 7:05 p.m.
- Where: Save-on-Foods Memorial Arena, 1925 Blanshard Street
There’s nothing I love more than dodging some balls on a Friday night!
No experience is required to participate in this two-hour night! Plus, teams are randomized so groups or individuals are welcome to hop in.
- When: 7:10 p.m. – 9:10 p.m.
- Where: North Douglas Church, 675 Jolly Place
This mind-bending concert is one you won’t want to miss.
Limbic Media has teamed up with pianist Christopher Donison to bring a spectacular piano rendition of Abbey Road to life. Donison’s melodies will combine with a massive three-dimensional piano-shaped light sculpture that will react to each note that’s played.
- When: Doors open at 6:30 p.m. – Show begins at 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria International Marina, 1 Cooperage Place