Congrats on making it to Wednesday!
Keep your momentum going with five neat things to do in and around town.
Learn how you can create your own miniture vegetable gardens wherever you can fit a container!
Chris Hildreth of Topsoil will be teaching and will focus on maximizing yields, and how to grow food in any unused space you can find. Chris’ urban farm sells vegetables to local restaurants.
- When: 7:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Esquimalt United Church, 500 Admirals Road
US AND THEM is a visceral and intimate Canadian documentary about homelessness and addiction. The screening is being hosted by grade-ten student Alexandra Finn, who supports the film’s message of caring for people who are living on the streets.
“The response after every show has been incredible; audience members are leaving with a newfound compassion and desire to help the chronically homeless,” reads the event description.
- When: 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Where: Glenlyon Norfolk School, 801 Bank Street
Another Wednesday means another comedy night at The Mint!
Come see what all the hype is about as Morgan Cranny and Drew Farrance bring Victorian comedians together for a raucous night of laughs.
- When: Show starts at 8:00 p.m.
- Where: The Mint, 1414 Douglas Street
Fancy yourself a strategic mastermind?
Test your abilities against members of the Victoria Chess Club in competitive drop-in matches in downtown’s Greater Victoria Public Library.
- When: 6:00 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.
- Where: Greater Victoria Public Library, 735 Broughton Street.
Need to learn some new moves before you head out to the club?
Now’s your chance with becasue The Beat Dance Studio is hosting free adult dance classes for dancers of all skill levels! Today’s dance style is hip hop.
- When: 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Royal Roads Recreation Centre, 2005 Sooke Road