Two Central Saanich police officers were taken to the hospital to be treated for injuries sustained while attending a distress call on Saturday morning.
Police, Central Saanich Fire Department, and Paramedics were responding to reports of a man in distress in a Brentwood Bay home.
When they arrived at the residence, they found it locked but were able to find a way in and get the unconscious man out, along with another occupant.
Both officers suffered from carbon monoxide inhalation during the incident; they were taken to the hospital and released later.
The two occupants were also hospitalized and are expected to make a full recovery.