We’ve made it to another weekend, Victoria!
There is a LOT of things to do over the next few days, including a massive boat show, chocolate tours, cemetery tours, a job fair, and a pile of discounts to be a tourist in your own home town.
Without further ado, here are 18 things to do in and around Victoria this late-February weekend.
Head out to PetSmart Uptown to see why Greyhound’s make great companions and pets!
Don’t miss your chance to hang out with the adorable four-legged friends.
- When: Saturday, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Where: PetSmart Uptown, 3501 Blanshard Street – Unit 10
Head to Flying Squirrel for for a colourful late-night jump party!
Wear your most fluorescent clothing and jump to the hottest tracks played by a live DJ all at a discounted late-night price.
- When: Saturday, 9:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Where: Flying Squirrel Victoria, 808 Viewfield Road
Meet employers from the tourism industry and get hired for the upcoming season at today’s job fair! Last year over 800 jobs were created in the Victoria tourism sector as a direct result of cruise ships visiting, why not get in on the action?
Employers include the Butchart Gardens, Seaquest, Pacific Northwest Transportation Services, Greater Victoria Harbour Authority, Wilson’s Group and many more.
- When: Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Where: Ogden Point Cruise Terminal – Pier B, 185 Dallas Road (free parking)
Come bundle up and support this national charity event that supports hungry, homeless, and hurt people across Canada.
No one should have to choose between heating and eating this winter.
- When: Saturday, 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Where: The Mustard Seed Street Church, 625 Queens Avenue
Watch the Victoria Royals don special pink jerseys as they battle the Vancouver Giants in support of the BC Cancer Foundation tonight!.
The Pink in the Rink game is always one of the Royals’ biggest nights of the season, and this year’s event includes a silent auction for a limited edition pink jersey as well as a chance to win round-trip flights for two to any regularly-scheduled WestJet destination in North America!
- When: Saturday, puck drops at 7:05 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
If you’re in the mood for more pink, this gala is all about supporting anti-bullying in Canadian schools!
The gala will include a 3-course dinner with live entertainment and pink-inspired cocktails, food, décor, and “surprises”.
- When: Saturday, 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria International Marina, 1 Cooperage Place
Grab your three smartest friends and make a team of four to compete in this year’s puzzle competition!
Pick a team name, compete against other speedy puzzle solvers, and go for all the glory!
- When: Saturday, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Bolen Books – Hillside Shopping Centre, 1644 Hillside Avenue
If you’re looking to take an evening stroll there’s no better place to walk than in James Bay tonight!
Window Wanderland is a community event where residents decorate and light up their windows for people walking by. There’s an online map of which houses are participating, and if you live in the area it’s not too late to sign up!
- When: Saturday & Sunday, 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: James Bay area
Victoria’s Boat & Fishing Show has returned for 2019, and it’s the largest one yet!
The arena will be jam packed full of new exhibitors, boats, fishing products, displays, and more!
- When: Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Eagle Ridge Centre, 1089 Langford Parkway
Rediscover the city you love with the return of Be a Tourist in Your Own Home Town.
From discounts on the hottest local spots to an extensive list of free offers, now is a better time than ever to take advantage of all of the perks of being a tourist – without breaking the bank!
- When: February 22 to 24, and March 1 to 3
- Where: All around Victoria!
- Tickets: VIP cards are only $15 and available for purchase online and at all 7 Victoria Save On Foods locations, the Bay Centre, or Destination Greater Victoria.
Say hello to Victoria’s largest anime convention!
Join other anime fans for voice actor panels, cosplay competitions, talent shows, and games!
- When: Saturday & Sunday, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Where: UVic – Engineering & Computer Science Building, 3800 Finnerty Road
Sharpen your skates, Victoria!
After the Royals play their rematch game with BC rivals the Vancouver Giants, come on out for the chance to skate with current WHL stars, and possibly a few future National Hockey League players.
- When: Sunday, February 24th; puck drops at 3:05 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
Come take a walk on the pink carpet and watch a live broadcast of this year’s Academy Awards!
There will be a special Oscars cocktail available, and the first 213 people who arrive will get in for free.
- When: Sunday, 4:30 p.m. to late
- Where: The Vic Theatre, 808 Douglas Street
Come visit the historic Ross Bay Cemetary for a guided tour of the graves of many Black pioneers of Victoria long-ago.
The tour is hosted by Valin Marshall of BC Black History Awareness Society and John Adams of the Old Cemetary Society.
- When: Sunday, 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Visitors should meet outside the Oregano’s at Fairfield Village, 1-1516 Fairfield Road
Get crafty at the Maritime Museum of British Columbia’s Sea Lantern Workshop! The workshop leader will guide you through the process of transforming a simple mason jar into your own nautical themed “sea lantern” and share stories of some of BC’s lighthouses that dot our coast.
Plus, if there’s one thing I know about hip Victoria it’s that we have a deep love of mason jars.
- When: Sunday, 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Maritime Museum of British Columbia, 634 Humboldt Street
The team at Axe and Grind is hosting a fun and free axe-throwing day for Victoria’s Teen Autism Group.
After the axe-throwing, there will be a lunch at Frankie’s Modern Dinner for everyone involved.
- When: Sunday, 1:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Where: Axe and Grind, 910 Government Street
Victoria isn’t short on beautiful historic churches and delicious local chocolate!
The walking tour that will visit some of city’s most iconic churches and will stop by five local chocolatiers.
- When: Sunday, 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Where: Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut, 621 Broughton Street
Your weekly local fix of drag is here!
Come down and enjoy a beautifully orchestrated evening of drag performances by Victoria Drag Queens, Kings, and Things. Get ready to cut loose because the shows are uncensored and un-moderated, so you never know what you’re going to see!
- When: Sunday, 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
- Where: Paparazzi Night Club, 642 Johnson Street