Kick off the first weekend of February with our list of things to do in and around Victoria this weekend.
Help clean up one of Vancouver Island’s most popular parks this weekend!
- When: Saturday, February 2nd
– Clean up begins at 10:30 a.m.
– Volunteers meet at Visitor Centre at 10:20 a.m.
– Bus leaves from University Heights at 9:50 a.m.
- Where: Goldstream Provincial Park
The creative force has arrived at the Sidney Museum with their newest presentation of the ever-popular Lego Exhibition celebrating over 60 years of Lego imagination. Dozens of Star Wars themed Lego models provide a special focus for this exciting exhibit, rounded out by hundreds of other Lego models including Hogwarts Castle and Lego model of the Bugatti Chiron automobile. Admission is always by donation.
- When: Daily, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Sidney Museum, 2423 Beacon Avenue
It’s the second game of a back-to-back at the Save-on-Foods Memorial Arena! The Victoria Royals took the early lead with three goals in the first period and never looked back, as they dropped the Tri-City Americans 5-2 Friday night.
Come demonstrate a little patriotic pride and root for our city’s team as they battle against their Washington-based opponents.
- When: Saturday, Puck drops at 7:05 p.m.
- Where: Save-on-Foods Memorial Arena, 1925 Blanshard Street
The Submersive Tribe has been heating up dance floors across Victoria and Vancouver for 3 years with Riff shows, exclusive parties, and progressive bookings of the hottest underground talent from the West Coast.
- When: Saturday, 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Where: Copper Owl, 1900 Douglas Street
A fashionable afternoon in Fairmont Empress Hotel’s iconic Crystal Ballroom, hosted by fashion lover, super dad and co-host of Love It or List It Vancouver’s Todd Talbot and actor Rebecca Talbot that will include an elegant afternoon tea luncheon, 2019 Spring Fashion Show with iconic designers Ralph Lauren and Halston Spring Runway ’19 collection and (new this year!) a kids designer fashion show – on a raised catwalk! PLUS a chic silent auction table filled with all the lovely things our stylish event attendees will love, live music and a celebrity guests! Live music by Craig Henderson Trio.
- When: Sunday, 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Fairmont Empress, 721 Government Street
You may have seen them at Rock the Shores, or experienced their free live performance at Victoria’s Canada 150 celebrations.
Now, get ready for an encore! Arkells is coming back to Victoria to perform at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre in February 2019.
- When: Sunday, February 3rd, 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
Head down to the The Q Centre and take in a fun Sunday afternoon hockey as the Grizzlies play the Powell River Kings. The game is starting at NOON to get you home in plenty of time before kick off.
- When: Sunday, February 3rd, 12:0 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Where: The Q Centre, 1767 Island Highway