Congratulations, you’ve made it to Friday, Victoria!
Today, you can meet us live and on location at an awesome craft market, watch art battles downtown, dance an Irish jig, and more!
Without further ado, here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today.
Handcrafted goodies, and live music, and food trucks, oh my!
Join the Victoria Buzz crew down at the Crafted Farmhouse Market to check out this year’s lineup of carefully curated vendors! Held at the Mary Winspear Centre in beautiful Sidney by the sea, this event showcases the best of the best of modern and vintage goods from local-makers in Victoria.
- When: 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Mary Winspear Centre, 2243 Beacon Avenue
12 talented artists will step up to the easel tonight to battle for artistic supremacy in 3 fast-paced rounds.
Watch the creative process unfold before your eyes and help vote for the winner, featuring great music and even better company. You can also purchase the paintings after the battle!
- When: 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
Paper Street Theatre’s 4th annual Improvathon has arrived!
Come down to Intrepid Theatre to watch as improv comedians flex their skills for hours upon hours straight. Entrance is b donation and all funds raised will go towards the theatre and its improv festival next month! The event will also be streamed online for viewers at home.
- When: 8:00 p.m. Friday to 10:00 p.m. Saturday
- Where: Intrepid Theatre, 1609 Blanshard Street
The battle for BC’s U18 Curling Championship continues!
Watch the best male and female curlers the province has to offer compete at the Juan de Fuca Curling Centre.
- When: 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Where: Juan de Fuca Curling Centre, 1767 Island Highway
Start your St. Patrick’s Day Weekend celebrations off right in one of the most Irish venues in town, Irish Times!
The pub will play live music all weekend, but today will feature performances by Irish dancers, so get ready to jig!
- When: 4:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- Where: Irish Times, 1200 Government Street