Today we have a first of its kind provincial robotics competition, free musical concerts, and sour beers to try!
Without further ado, here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today.
Today is the first day of BC’s inaugural Pacific Regional robotics competition!
Over 30 teams of high school students from across the province will bring their self-built and programmed robots to compete in obstacle courses and tasks in the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre.
- When: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
One of Victoria’s most popular Beer Week activities returns!
Try over twenty different types of sour beers made by local and international brewers. There’s Foedre-aged Pineapple Sours, French Oak Barrel-Aged Sour Ales with Elderberries, and Nitro Dark Cherry Sours just to name a few.
- When: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Garrick’s Head Pub & The Churchill, 1140 Government Street
Can the impact of dementia be reduced through singing and socializing?
Join a UVic research team that studies the impact that a choir may have on health outcomes for people living with dementia and their caregivers at this educational and music-filled night! Research findings will be presented and the Voices in Motion choir will perform.
- When: 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Where: St. Aidan’s United Church, 3703 St Aidans Street
Join wildlife lovers and supporters at this classy fundraising event in support of Victoria’s SPCA shelter, Wild ARC.
The event takes place at the Bateman Centre and will feature a wide selection of silent auction items, wine, hors d’oeurves, and more. Tickets are $50.
- When: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Robert Bateman Centre, 470 Belleville Street
Take a well-deserved breather in the middle of your day to enjoy a free hour-long concert at the Victoria Conservatory of Music.
Performers will be students from the conservatory’s Diploma in Music Performance program, and will include personal musical projects and works-in-progress.
- When: 12:10 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Conservatory of Music – Wood Hall, 900 Johnson Street