We hope you’ve all adjusted to the new time change and are ready to tackle the week! Today we have provincial curling championships to watch, dramatic but hilarious shows to see, and more!
Without further ado here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today, Tuesday, March 12th.
BC’s U18 Curling Championships begins today!
Watch the best male and female curlers the province has to offer compete in at the Juan de Fuca Curling Centre. Today will also include the competition’s opening ceremonies, which starts at 4:30 p.m.
- When: 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Where: Juan de Fuca Curling Centre, 1767 Island Highway
This is one show you won’t want to miss!
One part stand-up comedy, one part storytelling, and one part documentary film, award-winning comedian Franco Nguyen will take the stage to share stories about growing up, living with his Mom, and one remarkable trip to Vietnam.
- When: 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Where: The Belfry Theatre, 1291 Gladstone Avenue
Get ready to step back in time to 1928 with a night full of live swing jazz, classic cocktails, and of course, dancing!
Bootleggers and cocktail drinkers experienced or new are welcome, but people who know the speakeasy’s secret word will get one free drink!
- When: 8:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
Get your thinking cap on it’s time for Benji’s weekly Fernwood Quiz! Gather your four smartest friends and compete for gift cards to the Fernwood Inn, a personal photograph, and of course, “general smugness and satisfaction.”
Or if you want to take on the world by yourself, that’s good too! Teams of 1 – 5 are accepted.
- When: 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Where: The Fernwood Inn, 1302 Gladstone Avenue
Gather your friends and grab yourself a beer tower from the Yates Street Taphouse and get ready for Music Bingo!
Listen to the catchiest parts of well-known songs all for a chance to win awesome prizes. Plus, it’s FREE!
- When: 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Where: The Yates Street Taphouse, 759 Yates Street