There’s plenty to do in the city today! Get an in-depth look at the BC Museum’s massive Grey Whale skeleton, watch a Womxn’s Week variety show, explore the Empress Hotel’s job fair, and more.
Without further ado, here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today.
Join Dr. Gavin Hanke, the Royal BC Museum’s curator of vertebrates, for a look at the museum’s newest mega-acusition, a Grey Whale skeleton.
Learn about the massive marine mammal and the steps needed to preserve its skeleton.
- When: 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Where: The Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street
Watch as six of Victoria’s best bartenders compete to create delicious cocktails using craft beer and spirits from Vancouver Island distilleries.
Taste these creative beer cocktail creations, vote on your own favourites, and see who the judges pick to win!
- When: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Lure Restaurant & Bar, 100 Harbour Road
Join Womxn’s Week in a galaxy far far away for this deep-space variety show!
Immerse yourself in the creativeness, weirdness, and “most of all awesomeness” of this vaudeville show. March 6th, serendipitously, is also the birthday of Valentina Tereshkova, the first woman in space.
When: 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Where: The Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
Come support the talents of upcoming local artists and singer-songwriters!
Tom Pogson, The Mechanical Botanicals, and Cameron Lorenzo will perform original songs and popular covers, ranging from pop-rock, folk/roots, and indie-pop. All ages are welcome and admission is by donation to the artist!
- When: 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Gorgeous Coffee, 300 Gorge Road West
If you missed out on their first event, now’s your chance to take advantage of the renowned Fairmont Empress‘ upcoming job fair!
Pop by the historic hotel for on-the-spot interviews for a variety of positions. Perks include industry leading pay rates, free meals at work, food, beverage, and hotel discounts, recognition and reward programs, comprehensive benefits, and more!
- When: March 6, 2019, 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Where: Lower lobby, Fairmont Empress, 721 Government Street – please use entrance off Belleville Street
- What to Bring: Prospective applicants are asked to bring a resume and to dress professionally.