It’s the last Monday of April, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to end. Here are 5 things to do in Victoria today.
If you’re looking for an awesome summer job or wanting to further your career in hospitality, why not apply at one of Victoria’s most renowned landmarks?
- When: April 29th, 2019, 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Where: Crystal Ballroom, Fairmont Empress, 721 Government Street – please use port cochere entrance off Belleville Street
- What to bring: Prospective applicants are asked to bring a resume and to dress professionally.
See Victoria’s comics work on their newest, weirdest jokes at the best downtown pierogi bar! Amazing food, stellar cocktails, and fun open mic comedy.
- When: 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: SüLT Pierogi Bar – 609 Yates Street
Dr. David Atkinson, Department of Geography at UVic, will discuss how storms affect the ocean and impact the coast. How does the nature of the coast—water depth, type of beach material, coast shape—affect how a storm can cause impact? What are special features of the Arctic coastal zone? Why are there bigger waves in winter?
- When: 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Room 159 in the Fraser Building at University of Victoria,
3800 Finnerty Road
Originally from Connecticut, Chris Webby is an American rapper best known for his versatile flow, creative punchlines, pop culture references, and love for cartoons.
- When: 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Where: Capital Ballroom, 858 Yates Street
Open Mic at The Mint with Pete McMastar and Morris Code. Come showcase your talent, whether it’s music, comedy, dance, spoken word or poetry.. you name it! Registration begins at 7:30 p.m. with the showcase starting at 8 p.m. and continuing until 11 p.m.
Pete and Mo will be bringing some instruments to get some jams going!Not a performer? Head down and support your faves while enjoying your favourite food and drinks at The Mint!
- When: 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Where: The Mint Victoria, 1414 Douglas Street