On Today’s agenda, a provincial boxing championship continues, Ru Paul Drag Race contestants come to Victoria, a first-ever fashion week is being held, and more!
Without further ado here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today, Thursday April 25th.
Come check out the first ever Victoria Eco Fashion Week!
The event is aimed to create awareness for sustainable, ethical, and fair trade fashion while also promoting local and international eco-fashion designers.
- When: Eco-Market begins at 2:00 p.m., Runway begins 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, 680 Courtney Street
The country’s top boxers continue to compete at Bear Mountain this week!
There will be no shortage of exciting talent to watch at this prestigious event, including two Vancouver Island hometown favourites, Terris Smith from Victoria and Anthony Varela of Langford.
- When: Session 4 begins at 1:00 p.m., Session 5 begins at 7:00 p.m.
- Where: Bear Mountain Resort – Tennis Bubble, 1999 Country Club Way
Come check out Canadian Ru Paul Drag Race contestant Brooke Lynn Hytes at the Capital Ballroom tonight!
Equal parts ballerina, showgirl, and 90’s supermodel, Brooke has won multiple Canadian pageants, is a talented professional ballerina, and won the Miss Continental Crown in 2014.
- When: 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Where: Capital Ballroom, 858 Yates Street
Come check out this large and local indoor farmers market!
The market helps support local growers and producers who use environmentally sound farming practices and helps build connections within the community. And of course, the food is tasty, local, and fresh!
- When: 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Esquimalt Recreation Centre, 527 Fraser Street
The Canadian College of Performing Arts is bringing the classic Broadway musical West Side Story to the McPherson Playhouse!
Watch as the cast of 55 performers and live 14-piece orchestra bring to life the story of two teenagers from rival street gangs who fall in love as their gangs wage war in the city streets.
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Where: McPherson Playhouse, 3 Centennial Square
- Tickets: Online here