Vegans and vegetarians are in for a BBQ treat this summer!
Beyond Meat’s signature plant-based burgers will officially be hitting the shelves at several major grocery stores across Canada by the end of May.
These burgers, which contain 20g of protein with less total and saturated fat than a traditional beef burger, will be displayed in the meat case at Co-op Food Stores, Fresh Street Market, IGA, Loblaw, Longos, Metro, Save On Foods, Sobeys, and Whole Foods Market.
- This Mexican restaurant will serve ‘Beyond Meat’ burritos across Canada starting tomorrow
- A&W is launching a new Beyond Meat breakfast sandwich in March
- White Spot is launching an Avocado Beyond Meat burger next week
“On the heels of our successful launch with A&W that introduced Canadians to the delicious taste of The Beyond Burger, retail is the natural next step for our brand,” said Beyond Meat Founder and CEO Ethan Brown.
“We couldn’t be more excited that just in time for the summer BBQ season, Canadians can now enjoy our burgers at home with friends and family, while receiving the added health and environmental benefits of plant-based meat.”
The plant-based savoury treat was also launched as a part of the menu at White Spot and Quesada Burritos & Tacos earlier this year.
Beyond Meat Burger will retail for CAD $7.49-7.99 at the following retailers and other independent and natural food stores by end of May:
- Co-op Food Stores
- Georgia Main Food Group: Fresh Street Market & IGA
- Loblaw: Fortinos, Maxi and Superstore
- Metro: Food Basics and Super C
- Save On Foods: PriceSmart, Urban Fare
- Sobeys: Foodland, Freshco, IGA, IGA Extra, Price Chopper, Rachelle-Béry, Safeway, Sobeys Urban Fresh and Thrifty Foods
- Whole Foods Market
As they roll out this new product, consumers are encouraged to contact their local grocery store to confirm availability.