Welcome to Tuesday, Victoria!
Keep those umbrellas and raincoats handy when you visit these 5 events happening in and around Victoria today:
A rare artifact crucial to determining hitherto unknown facts about the ancient Mayan civilization has just made its way to Victoria.
- When: May 17 – December 31, 2019
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street
- Admission: Click here to purchase tickets to the exhibit
What is a Speakeasy? Check out this video. Reminisce 1928 with a night of live swing jazz, classic cocktails, and swing dancing. They two great bands alternating every Tuesday night: The Capital City Syncopators / The Flying Saucers.
- When: 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
Pint of Science will be in Victoria for the second time on May 20- ! 🍻
24 speakers – 4 venues – 3 days of science and beer.
Eager to learn more about science while having a beer? Enjoy a drink and let our fantastic speakers blow your mind with their latest scientific discoveries.
- When: May 20 to 22. Various times.
- Where: Moon Under Water Brewpub, 350 Bay Street – Sticky Wicket, 919 Douglas Street – Phillips Brewery, 2010 Government Street – Swan Brewpub, 506 Pandora Avenue
Want to play magic without all those expensive cards? Try Pauper! Build a deck using only cards printed at common rarity (on MTGO) and join the fun!
- When: 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Gauntlet Games, 323-3980 Shelbourne St
This course is designed for students to elaborate on their foundation in painting, specifically on landscape and narrative painting. Through the lens of speculative fiction, students will get to experiment with painting from memory, using their surroundings, as well as digital resources to challenge the idea of what kinds of landscapes and stories could exist beyond Earth.
- When: 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: Vancouver Island School of Art, 950 Kings Rd