The West Shore RCMP is focusing a significant amount of resources towards targeting prolific offenders in our community. Between May 7 and June 9, 2015, investigators with the Street Crime Unit, Major Crime Unit and General Duty watches have arrested and recommended charges on 5 individuals deemed Prolific Offenders .
In the last year, there were 78 police contacts between the five of them.
- On May 7, 2015, Colin Daniel CLARK was arrested by West Shore RCMP Street Crime Unit, and charged with Possession of Property Obtained by Crime.
- On May 7, 2015, a 54 year old Victoria male was arrested and charged with being unlawfully in a dwelling and possession of a controlled substance. He was released on a Recognizance with conditions and curfew. On June 3rd, he was arrested by VicPD for breaching his Recognizance.
- On May 26, 2015, Gerid GREGORY-ALLEN was arrested and held in custody, for allegedly possessing a stolen vehicle on May 19 in Langford. He was charged with possession of property obtained by crime over $5000, possession of property obtained by crime, theft under $5,000, and fail to stop for police. His next court appearance June 11, 2015 at the Western Communities Courthouse.
- On May 15, 2015, General Duty members responded to a suspicious vehicle complaint in the 3000 block of Jacklin Road in Langford. Garion Ronald DELDAY was arrested and charged with possession of property obtained by crime. He has since been convicted, and sentenced to 4 months in jail.
- On June 9, 2015 Jamie DOLPHIN, was arrested on an outstanding warrant out of Sooke and also for theft after a thorough investigation was conducted in the recent rash of thefts from vehicles in Langford.
Sgt. Steve Wright, Operations NCO of the West Shore RCMP Detachment says they will continue to focus on the few criminals who commit many of the crimes.