A Colwood mom posted a warning video to parents on Facebook today after finding a sewing needle in her sons chocolate bar.
West Shore RCMP say the the needle in question was about 3 inches in length and was found inside the wrapping paper of a bite-size Wunderbar chocolate candy.
Sara Jarrett says her 4-year-old son wasn’t feeling well Halloween night and only did a short amount of trick or treating on Woodpark drive in Colwood.
Jarrett tells Victoria Buzz she was about to eat the chocolate bar but then noticed there was no air in the wrapper. She decided to look it over again and discovered a pin hole after looking closer.
[fbvideo link=”https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=549420235205504″ width=”500″ height=”400″ onlyvideo=”1″]
Nobody was injured in in the reported discovery. RCMP said they’re treating the report as credible and are urging people to inspect their candy closely before consuming it
“Although tampering is rare, all candy should be inspected before consuming”, states Cst. Alex Bérubé of the West Shore RCMP.
“Look at the wrapping carefully and toss out anything that looks suspect.”
Anyone with information are asked to contact the West Shore RCMP at 250-474-2264 or anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477