With the Canadian dollar at its lowest level in years against the US dollar, many market forecasters are saying this week’s Black Friday might be the largest in Canadian history, in terms of sales levels.
CTV News reports that a recent UPS Canada survey conducted by Leger shows the number of Canadians who are likely to buy goods from the U.S. this upcoming weekend, either online or by cross-border shopping, has dropped by 22 per cent since last year.
Global News says that over half of all Canadians are expected to take part in Black Friday or “Cyber Monday” sales this year, and that as many as 1.2 million of us plan to call in “sick” to take advantage of the shopping opportunity.
Will you be participating in Black Friday or Cyber Money, here in Victoria, or online? Let us know.
If you have links to local Black Friday deals, send them to us, we’ll add to this list:
- Black Friday at The Bay Centre – first 200 shoppers get free lunch at Earl’s.
- Black Friday at Mayfair Shopping Centre – 350 mystery door-crasher envelopes.
- The Magnolia Hotel has a Black Friday offer, Back for four days only – 40% off for visitors coming in 2016.
- Westshore Town Centre has a Black Friday plan, but no details yet.
- Dodd’s Furniture has a 3-day Black Friday sale – small preview available.
- Harbour Air – Save up to 85% with Turbo Tickets from Harbour Air!
Send your Black Friday details to firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below.