This year marks the fourth annual Family Day in British Columbia. Spend it the right way, with these fantastic family-friendly events happening around Greater Victoria!
Royal BC Museum
- What: Admission to the museum is FREE all day from 10:00am-5:00pm. Modern History Gallery – opera performance from 11:00am-1:00pm; Natural History Gallery – photo activity from 12:00-3:00pm; First Peoples Gallery – sketching activity from 2:00-4:00pm.
- Where: RBC Museum, 675 Belleville Street
Family Arts Festival
- What: Explore the world of visual and performing arts. A variety of performances and hands on artistic, musical and theatrical activities in the beautiful arts centre. FREE admission.
- Where: Cedar Hill Recreation Centre, 3220 Cedar Hill Road
Victoria Royals vs Everett Silvertips
- What: Support our local WHL hockey team, puck drops at 2:05pm. Grab the best seats now, purchase tickets here.
- Where: Save On Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
Family Day at Bear Mountain
- What: Family activities taking place from Saturday to Monday from golfing, hiking, bike rentals and discounted treatments at the spa. More information available here.
- Where: Bear Mountain Resort, 1999 Country Club Way
Sidney Family Day Weekend – A Lego Brick Festival
- What: LEGO! Family fun event worth visiting, taking place from Saturday to Monday. Lego displays, interactive building opportunities, treasure hunt and more. Information here.
- Where: various locations around downtown Sidney
Esquimalt Family Day Celebration
- What: Free family event from 9:00am-4:00pm. Activities include kinder gym, toddler play zone, face painting, swimming from 12:00-4:00pm and skating from 2:30-4:00pm. BBQ on site, cash only (hamburgers $4, hotdog, chips and drink $3, popcorn $1). The full day of activities takes place on Saturday, February 6th.
- On Monday, February 8th – enjoy FREE Swimming 1-3pm
- Where: Esquimalt Recreation Centre, 527 Fraser Street
Thanks for including Esquimalt’s Celebration! One note: the full day of activities takes place on the Saturday (February 6th) and not the Monday. This includes: FREE Kindergym (9am-12pm), FREE Toddler Playzone (10am-12pm), FREE Face Painting (10am-12pm), FREE Swim (12pm-3pm), FREE Skating (2:30-4:00pm)… On Monday, February 8th please enjoy FREE Swimming 1-3pm thanks to Coast Capital Savings.
Family Festival at Westshore Town Centre
- What: Enjoy a weekend where its all about the family. Hop on board the indoor ride-along train, visit interactive astronomy, science, toy train, model boats, RC car exhibit, face painting, crafts and so much more. Make sure to enter to win “MOVIES FOR A YEAR” a $500 value. February 8th activity schedule here.
- Where: Westshore Town Centre, 2946 Jacklin Road
Family Day Guided Kayak Tour – Brentwood
- What: Experience nature as a family. Enjoy a 1.5 hour tour of Tod Gowland Park, complimentary hot chocolate provided on shore. No experince required, 4 years +. $65/family of 2, $75/family of 3, $95/family of 4 plus tax. 250-665-7411
- Where: Pacifica Paddle Sports, 789 Saunders Lane
Family Day at 4Cats Art Studio – Victoria
- What: Create family memories and masterpieces at one of these workshops taking place for family day – Penguin Mug from 1:00-2:30pm, Woodland Watercolor from 10:00-11:30pm, Clay Wheel from 3:30-4:40pm and Splatter from 5:00-6:00pm. $25/person. Sign up here.
- Where: #103-3450 Uptown Blvd, Uptown Shopping Centre
Family Day Free Swim – Victoria
- What: Annual free family swim from 1:00-4:00pm
- Where: Crystal Pool and Fitness Centre, 2275 Quadra Street
Family Skate – Oak Bay
- What: Family fun with games, music, preschool coned-off area, craft station set up and story time from 1:00-3:30pm.
- Where: Oak Bay Recreation Centre, 1975 Bee Street
Family Fun Gym Time – Victoria
- What: An evening of family sports from soccer, floor hockey, basketball and badminton. Bouncy castle will be on site. Parent participation required.
- Where: Henderson Recreation Centre, 2291 Cedar Hill Cross Road
Family Day Skate & Swim – Colwood
- What: Lace up your skates from 1:00-2:30 or take a swim from 1:30-4:00pm. Regular admission rates apply.
- Where: West Shore Parks & Recreation, 1767 Island Highway
Family Day at Panorama – Saanichton
- What: A day of family fun, draw prizes and only $2 admission. Skating from 1:00-2:20pm and swimming from 1:30-4:00pm, relay races 2:00-3:00pm)
- Where: Panorama Recreation Centre, 1885 Forest Park Drive
Family Day at SEAPARC – Sooke
- What: Everyone welcome. Swimming from 12:00-6:00pm and skating from 12:00-3:00pm/
- Where: Seaparc Leisure Complex, 2168 Phillips Road
Family Day at Mount Washington
- What: Have a family adventure together, 50% off alpine lift and nordic trail passes – BC ID required. Tickets & passes pricing list here.
- Where: Mount Washington, Courtney