Still not sure what to do on our nation’s 149th birthday? There are plenty of activities taking place in Greater Victoria on Canada Day, including musical performances, gourmet offerings, colourful parades, and more.
Here are ten events to check out:
- What: An exciting day full of family entertainment from live music, events and of course fireworks!
- Where: Downtown Victoria
- 12:00-5:00pm: Family Zone and Sponsored Activities
- 12:00-Dusk: A favour of Canada Food Village at Government and Belleville Street
- 12:30pm: Coast Capital Savings living flag t-shirt pickup
- 1:00pm: Bucan Bucan
- 1:30pm: Coast Capital living flag participants assemble
- 2:00pm: Coast Capital Savings living flag photos taken
- 2:25pm: Ocean Rain Arts Academy
- 3:00pm: Singing of National Anthem
- 3:05pm: Lekwungen Dancers
- 3:25pm: Ann-Bernice Thomas – Victoria’s Youth Poet Laureate
- 3:45pm: There Kerplunks
- 4:45pm: The Choir
- 5:35pm: Fox Glove
- 6:25pm: Lapis
- 7:20pm: Radio Radio
- 8:20pm: George Leach
- 9:20pm: Mother Mother
- 10:20pm: FIREWORKS BEGIN
PLEASE NOTE: Belleville Street (from Menzies to Douglas Street) will be closed on from 6:00am-midnight; Government Street (from Humboldt to Superior Street) will be closed from 4:00pm-midnight.
- What: Fun for the whole family! Parade, pancake breakfast, Show and Shine car show, multicultural food, voyageur canoe rides, street hockey, artisans markets and so much more. Gorge on Art from. Event from 8:30am-4:00pm.
- Where: Along the Gorge Waterway
PLEASE NOTE: The length of Gorge Road West from Tillicum to Admirals Road will be closed to traffic from 7:30am-5:00pm
- What: As per tradition, Sidney kicks off its multi-day Canada Day celebrations events beginning on June 30 with a full day of celebrations on July 1. A day of activities and games for the whole family to enjoy. Life-size Jenga games, selfie frame and golf putting, hamster balls, balloon creation and magic, inflatable obstacle course and so much more. Food vendors on site. And don’t forget the fireworks at 10pm on June 30th!
- Where: Downtown Sidney
|3:00 – 7:00 pm||Thrifty Foods Community BBQ||Beacon Park|
|7:30 pm||Entertainment||Beacon Park|
|8:00 pm||Opening Ceremonies||Beacon Park|
|8:30 pm||Big Birthday Cake & live music||Beacon Park|
|10:00 pm||Musical Fireworks Extravaganza||Sidney Waterfront|
|8:00 am||Sidney Lions Pancake Breakfast||Mary Winspear|
|11:30 am||Sidney Canada Day Parade||Downtown Sidney|
|12:30 – 4:00 pm||Family Fun Fair||Iroquois Park|
|1:00 pm||Mayor & Council – free ice cream (until supplies last)||Iroquois Park|
|1:30 – 2:00 pm||Dog Show Contest (registration 1:00 pm)||Iroquois Park|
|2:00 pm||Watermelon Eating Contest||Iroquois Park|
|12:00 – 4:30 pm||Slegg Lumber Build-a-Boat (building begins)||Beacon Park|
|4:30 pm||31st Annual Slegg Lumber Build-a-Boat Race||Launch at Diver’s Point|
- What: A day filled with activities, live music on site. Food and snacks available. Enjoy a slice of cake. Admission FREE. Event from 10:00am-5:30pm
- Where: Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse, 603 Fort Rodd Hill
- What: Food trucks and food items such as blended jams, sauces, truffles, ice cream and more. Live music and local artisans.
- Where: Ship Point, Wharf Street
- What: Family-friendly event. Kid games, music, craft fair, face painting, inflatable play zone and more. Bring own chairs or blankets. Fireworks at 10pm!
- Where: Sooke River Campground
- 1:00pm: Opening Ceremony and Parade
- 1:30pm: FREE Canada Day Cake
- 2:00pm: Family fun activities
- 3:00pm: Pie eating contest
- 4:00-8:00pm: Main stage
- Between 10:15pm and 10:30pm: Fireworks
- What: Celebrate the evening and watch the fireworks from the rooftop terrace. Tickets $45/person and includes 2 drink tickets and a section of house-made canapés. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure spot.
- Where: Swans Brew Pub, 506 Pandora Avenue
- What: Spending the day at the beach for Canada Day? Enjoy lunch or dinner while you’re there from one of our local food trucks. Pepperman’s Grill, Grilled to the Mac will be at the beach from 11:00am-7:00pm and Wannawafel from 3:00-8:00pm.
- Where: Esquimalt Lagoon, Ocean Boulevard
- What: Festival celebrating sports, music, arts and culture. Co-ed Volleyball Tournament and Music Jam is a TMAG production bringing local business together. FREE admission for Friday and Saturday. Food and beverages available. Event from 11:00am-10:00pm.
- Where: Victoria High School, 1260 Gladstone Avenue
- What: Celebrate Canada Day with the Royal BC Museum. Bring your pennies (you knew you were saving them for a good reason) and step right up to try your hand at an egg-and-spoon race, bean bag toss and other surprises. The Penny Carnival is taking place on the grounds surrounding Helmcken House and St Ann’s Schoolhouse. For ages 5-12 years old, Event from 1:00-3:00pm at the Helmcken House and Schoolhouse.
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 657 Belleville Street