One of our annual Christmas favourites is back for the 17th year: The IEOA Truck Light Convoy and Food Drive is happening on Saturday, December 3.
About 80 lit up trucks will travel throughout the region honking their horns to the delight of thousands along the streets from Ogden Point to Western Speedway.
The event is organized by the Island Equipment Owners Association and features decorated gravel trucks, cement trucks, fire trucks, dump trucks flatbed trucks and more.
The event supports the Mustard Seed Food Bank, Westshore Christmas Hamper Fund Society, and the Sidney Lions Food Bank.
Once the trucks have traveled the entire 35-kilometre route to Western Speedway, everyone is then invited for the conclusion of the event.
Admission to the Speedway is by cash or non-perishable food item. Coffee, hot dogs, and hot chocolate are available by donation.
- When: Saturday, December 3, 2016 – The parade begins at 5:45pm. The trucks will leave the Ogden Point parking lot then will weave its way around the city. Here is an estimated time for when it will be at certain checkpoints:
- 5:45PM Trucks leave the parking lot at Ogden Point. For safety reasons, access to this parking lot is restricted to parade participants only.
- 6:30PM Trucks arrive at Oak Bay Village
- 7:00PM Trucks arrive at Yates and Blanshard. The trucks will turn back into Victoria on Blanshard and not Douglas
- 7:30PM Trucks arrive at Helmcken and Trans Canada overpass
- 8:00PM Trucks arrive at Goldstream and Veterans Memorial Parkway
- 8:30PM Trucks arrive at Western Speedway SANTA ARRIVES BY TRUCK
Timing in respect to the Truck Light Convoy is approximate
- In order to keep the trucks moving the police escorted convoy travels at a varied rate of speed, it does not travel as slow as a parade does.
- The convoy will travel slower along Dallas Road, through Oak Bay Village, downtown Victoria, behind VGH, and the intersection of Veterans Memorial Parkway and Goldstream Road.
- Traffic may be congested along the event route . Please consider an alternate route.
Photos from last year:
Had a great night with the family viewing the #2015IEOATruckLightConvoy and #FoodDrive. 🚚🎄🚒🎁🚛🎅🚌 This #victoriabc event on #vancouverisland supports The #MustardSeed #FoodBank, #Westshore #Christmas Hamper Fund Society and the Sidney Lions Food Bank. Lots of great #trucks in the convoy and kids eyes were as lite as the trucks 👀