From biometric home security to an intelligent kitchen, a 78” 4K Ultra HD entertainment experience and a home gym that keeps you motivated – the Future Home offers local residents a glimpse into how technology will transform their lives.
TELUS is bringing the home of the future to Victoria. Demonstrating the life-changing potential of its state-of-the-art fibre optic network and offering a preview of what will be possible when homes are connected at the speed of light.
TELUS collaborated with technology leaders including Samsung, Nokia, Withings and IBM to help bring the near-term possibilities enabled by dramatically faster Internet speeds to life. The Future Home showcases some of the most cutting-edge technology available today and provides a sneak peek at smart-home innovations on the horizon.
The 585-square-foot concept home simulates a small condo and offers an immersive technology experience demonstrating how technology will soon make our lives safer, healthier and more efficient than ever before:
- Biometric security systems will allow us to lock and unlock our homes using facial recognition; keeping them safer and more secure
- Smart fridges will plan our menus, while smart cooktops will guide us through new recipes with a step-by-step instructions and even calculate the nutritional value of our meals to make sure we stay on track with our wellness plans
- A connected home office with an interactive touch table, will make traditional commuting a thing of the past, as we connect with our colleagues and customers over high-definition video conference
- A connected home gym will keep us healthier by making exercising an engaging and immersive experience, while home health monitors will allow us to conduct personal health assessments and share information with medical professionals from the comfort of our home
- Connected sensors and cameras will allow us to remotely monitor our children, pets and even our plants on our smartphones, providing us with peace of mind like never before
- Digital art will bring our décor to life and allow us to change the look of our wall to suit our moods
- Next-generation home entertainment will be enjoyed through virtual reality and the movie-theatre experience will come right to our living rooms, when the lifelike 4K ultra HD Optik TV experience is brought to life, on an awe-inspiring 78” Samsung Curved UHD TV
The arrival of the Future Home follows TELUS’ recent announcement that it is investing $23.8 million in Victoria – Belmont and $16.4 million in Victoria – Oak Bay to connect local homes and businesses to the TELUS PureFibre ™ network.
- Where: Westshore Town Centre Parking Lot – 2945 Jacklin Road
- When: Saturday, November 5 to Sunday, November 13 – 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday to Saturday, and 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM on Sunday.
- Where: Panorama Rec Centre (South Entrance) at 1885 Forest Park Drive in North Saanich
- When: Thursday, November 17 to Sunday, November 20 from 11:00 AM -7:00 PM daily.
All Future Home visitors will have the opportunity to enter a contest sponsored by TELUS, giving them a chance to win a prize pack, courtesy of Samsung, which includes a 55” Samsung UHD LED Smart TV (retail value $1,600), a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 LTE 9.7 (retail value $600) and a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (retail value $850) – no purchase is necessary.
For more information about TELUS PureFibre ™ and the Future Home, visit them online.