The holiday season is a time for traditions and cutting down the annual Christmas tree is certainly at the top of the list.
For southern Vancouver Island families who want to cut down their Christmas Tree this year, we’ve put together a list of places to score your family’s holiday centerpiece!
- What: Choose and cut your own tree. 15 varieties to choose from, tree sizes range from 2 feet to 30 feet. Varieties available include: Douglas Fir, Grand Fir, Korean Fir, Turkish Fir, Alpine Fir, Concolor Fir, Western and Eastern White Pine, Noble Fir, Norwegian Spruce, Colorado Blue and Green Spruce, Interior Douglas Fir and Island Naturals. Complimentary Hot Apple Cider.
- When: Open daily from November 28 from 9am-9pm
- Where: 8231 East Saanich Road, Saanichton
- Contact: 250-652-3345 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment Options: Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Interac
- What: You choose and you cut, saw provided – Balsam Fir, Blue Spruce, Douglas Fir, Fraser Fir, Grand Fir, Noble Fir, Norway Spruce and Scotch Pine.
Restrooms on site. Visit the Clydesdale Horses, or the goats from the Beacon Hill Petting Zoo. Complimentary hot chocolate and coffee.
- When: December weekends from 10am-4pm
- Where: 7969 Wallace Drive
- Contact: 250-652-2771 Email: email@example.com
- Payment: Cash or Cheque
- What: ORGANIC, you choose and you cut, or you choose and they cut options.
- When: Open in December, call first for availability and crop status
- Where: 402 Spartan Road
- Contact: 250-213-8788 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment Options: Cash Only
- What: Known for “the best and the tallest Christms trees” in the Cowichan Valley. They feature u-cut and pre-cut trees of Douglas fir, Grand fir, Noble fir, Rocky Mt.fir, and top of the line Nordman fir.
- When: Open daily November 15th to Christmas. 8am – 5pm.
- Where: 6673 Lakes Rd in Duncan B.C.
- Contact: 250-746-4364
- What: 40-acre Christmas tree farm located in the Cowichan Valley, Duncan, BC. We have over 30,000 trees to choose from. Stay warm by the hot fire on the weekends and enjoy free hot chocolate and homemade cookies.
- When: Open everyday from the end of November through Christmas Eve. 9am – Dusk
- Where: 4901 Conifer Way in Duncan
- Contact: (250) 748-6326 Email: Sahtlamtreefarm@hotmail.com
- Payment Options: Details Pending
Boat Harbour Farm – Nanaimo (U pick/They Cut)
- What: There are 2 fields of trees to choose from, so it may take you a while to choose! After you choose your tree and they cut it. They have several varieties of Christmas trees available.
- When: Open 10 am to 4 pm daily from November 26th to December 22nd
- Where: 2080 Pace Road – Cedar, BC (just south of Nanaimo)
- Contact: (250) 722-2177 Email: BoatHarbourFarm@shaw.ca
- Payment Options: Cash or credit card
- What: This 15 acre tree farm has been a source of great joy to many families over the years and boasts of both quality and selection. Over 5000 trees to pick from!
- When: Open daily from November 26 – December 23 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Where: 3560 Glenora Road in Duncan
- Contact: (250) 715-0029 Email: email@example.com
- Payment Options: Cash or Cheques only
Update: Highland Farms say they near sold out for the season.
Did we miss one? Let us know in the comments below.