The luck of the Irish has delivered St. Patrick’s Day on a Friday this year. So to help you in your quest for the best place to celebrate, we’ve compiled a list of the top locations to trade your gold coins for Guinness pints and Jamesons shots, while you kick your heel together to some great music:
- What: Socially acceptable day drinking begins at 9AM with live bands throughout the day and night: 11:30AM Calvin + Jeremy ; 3:30PM Knackers Yard; 6PM Shag Harbour ; 9PM – close Black Angus. The beautiful talented Irish Dancers will also be preforming all day. Wear your kilt, join the party! $20 cover after 2PM, with entry to win prizes.
- When: Friday March 17, 2017; 9AM – 12AM
- Where: 1200 Government Street
- What: Victoria’s Biggest St. Paddy’s Day Party! $8 cover gets you entry to 4 different parties: Clubhouse, Games Room, Maple Room, Sticky Wicket.
- When: Friday March 17, 2017; Starts at 8PM.
- Where: 919 Douglas St
- What: Live fiddle music 12PM-1PM and again 5PM-7PM. No Cover, No Tickets and No Green Beer, just lots of fun and music!
- When: Friday March 17, 2017; 11:30AM – 1AM
- Where: 759 Yates St
- What: $4 sleeves, $4.50 Jameson, live music starting at 3PM!
- When: Friday March 17, 2017; 11AM – 1AM
- Where: 1127 Wharf Street
- What: Well stocked with Guinness, Kilkenny, Jameson and Phillips Odyssey Nitro Porter for St Patrick’s Day! Come in for the celebrations with live music and Irish Dancers!
- When: Friday March 17, 2017; 11AM – 1AM
- Where: 1022 Government Street
Saint Patrick's Day is almost upon us. Get ready for a night of beverage fuelled good times down at The Duke Saloon with $4.50 pints of Duke Lager and $4.50 Jameson Irish Whiskey all night long. – …not that any of you really need another excuse to go out drinking on a Friday. 🍻🇮🇪 – #theduke #thedukevic #thedukesaloon #victoriabc #yyj #countrybar #country #countrymusic #livecountrymusic #livemusic #victoriamusicscene #uvic #universityofvictoria #viu #camosun #vikesrec #stpatricksday #jameson #jamesonirishwhiskey
- What: The Tumblin’ Dice will be playing LIVE. Drink Specials: $4.50 Jameson, $4.50 Duke Lager Pints
- When: Friday March 17, 2017; 8PM – 2AM
- Where: 502 Discovery Street
38 taps including 23 local craft brews! #craftbeer #guinness #drinklocal #local #thinklocalfirst @lighthousebeer #beer #taps #englishpub #englishalehouse #stella #pint #drink #pub #perfectpint #hoyne #phillips #driftwood #russell #tofino #millstreet #todcreek #merridale #townsite #paralell49 #oakbay
- What: The Olde English Pub in the heart of Victoria’s Oak Bay Village will celebrate with live music from 4PM-close.
- When: Friday March 17, 2017; 11AM – 11PM
- Where: 2228 Oak Bay Avenue
- What: The five-piece Irish band will get you dancing with their rousing reels, jigs, polkas and more! No Cover, and $6 ‘Brewmaster’s Choice’ Pints.
- When: Friday March 17, 2017; 9PM-11:30PM.
- Where: Canoe Brewpub, 450 Swift Street
- What: Catch 2017 Juno Nominee & 5 time Grand North American Fiddle Champion Ivonne Hernandez! All ages show, dance and party away, with great food and drinks at Hermann’s.
- When: Friday March 17, 2017; Doors 6PM, show 8PM. Tickets $20 ($15 students).
- Where: Hermann’s Jazz Club, 753 View Street
- What: Celebrate the grand tradition of drinking on March 17 with some Rock&Roll at The Copper Owl. Four awesome bands and good times all around.
- When: Friday March 17, 2017; Doors 8PM, show 9PM. Cover $8.
- Where: Copper Owl, 1900 Douglas Street
- What: Join in the St. Patrick’s Day party at Logan’s Pub, with everyone’s favourite local Celtic punks, The McGillicuddys headlining. Solo folk punker Broken Shoes will open the night, and coming down from Nanaimo will be folk punk duo Pirate On The Inside.
- When: Friday March 17, 2017; 9PM – 12:45AM. Tickets $12 at the door.
- Where: Logan’s Pub, 1821 Cook Street
BIG MCGILLICUDDY'S NEWS: DOUBLE AWARD WINNING FILM "SIREN'S DRONE" IS NOW RELEASED!!!McGillicuddys would like to thank Arnold for selecting “The Siren's Drone” and creating such an awesome film! We would also like to thank Bryan Skinner for the fantastic editing (you can sure tell he's a musician!), the fabulous and talented cast, and the crew who got absolutely soaked with us while filming the shoreline parts, not to mention ourselves, without whom this would not have been possible!Victoria, BC: Siren's Drone, the 2013 REEL-TO-REEL double award winning film inspired by McGillicuddys' song “The Siren's Drone” has now been released and is posted for viewing and free download. Siren's Drone was created for CineVic's REEL-TO-REEL 2013 music+video challenge by Arnold Lim and features McGillicuddys members onscreen, with “The Siren's Drone” as the soundtrack.Arnold's Siren's Drone premiered at the REEL-TO-REEL 2013 screening at Victoria's Vic Theatre on September 7, 2013. The film won BOTH Audience Favourite and Jury Award prizes, with each prize worth $300. While not quite a 'red carpet' affair, the screening was a fabulous opportunity for all the musicians, filmmakers, actors and crew members to get together, dress up, and view the films and listen to the music on the big screen. As the REEL-TO-REEL 2013 winner, Siren's Drone was also screened at the Cinema tent onsite at the Rifflandia 2013 music festival.Prompted by CineVic member Bryan Skinner, who also played bodhran on Sin Lane, McGillicuddys submitted the song “The Siren's Drone” from their most recent CD Sin Lane to CineVic for the REEL-TO-REEL 2013 music+video challenge. The song was selected by the REEL-TO-REEL panel of judges, and then picked by filmmaker Arnold Lim who then created a film inspired by “The Siren's Drone” for the competition.
Posted by The McGillicuddys on Friday, March 14, 2014