The weekend is here so let’s start the fun – unless you are still recovering from St. Patrick’s Day of course! There are plenty of things to do in Victoria this Saturday, March 18.
Vancouver Island Rock and Alpine Garden Society – Annual Spring Show
- What: Plant sale, workshops on propagation and rock garden construction. There will be displays, door prizes, silent auction, raffle and tea.
When: Saturday March 18 from 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Where: Cadboro Bay United Church, 2625 Arbutus Road
- What: 160 performers from around the world will showcase their talents through One World – an inspiring cumulation of dance, song and international collaboration.
- When: Saturday March 18 at 2:00pm and 8:00pm
- Where: McPherson Playhouse, 3 Centennial Square
- Tickets: $30/adult, $20/senior and students, $15/child – available online or at the box office
- What: Horror films and classic movie monsters are the inspiration for Universal Horror. Presented by award-winning indie dance company Broken Rhythms.
- When: Saturday, March 18, doors open 7:00 pm
- Where: The Roxy, 2657 Quadra Street
- Admission: $25/advance or $30/at the door
- What: Family friendly event. Over 80 theatre artists from across Canada will perform during this festival. Workshops also available. Please see calendar for performance dates and times.
- When: Saturday, March 18 – Sunday, March 19
- Where: Belfry Theatre, 1291 Gladstone Avenue
- Tickets: purchase online or call 250-385-6815 to book your tickets
Victoria Rock and Gem Show
- What: Hosted by the Victoria Lapidary and Mineral Society, featuring all of Western Canada’s best gem and mineral dealers. There will be interactive display tables, gem panning, silent rock auction, spin and win, demonstrations and much more.
- When: Saturday March 18 from 10:00am-6:00pm and Sunday March 19 from 9:30am-4:00pm
- Where: Leonardo Da Vinci Centre, 195 Bay Street
- Admission: $5/adult, $4/student, $12/family
Victoria Comic Book Expo
- What: Over 1,000 comic books will be on display from the golden era to the modern heroes. Buy, sell and trade comic books, graphic novels and paperbacks. Toys, non-sports and other collectables will be available.
- When: Sunday March 19 from 11:00am – 4:00pm
- Where: Comfort Inn and Suites, 3020 Blanchard Street
- Admission: FREE
Celebrate St. Pet-Tricks with Canadian Debut of Documentary: Pet Fooled
- What: Growlie for Pets, a Langford pet food provider is hosting the Canadian theatrical premiere of Pet Fooled. A documentary that explores the current pet food industry to give consumers a greater understanding of what food they are feeding their pets.
- When: Sunday March 19 from 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Where: The Vic Theatre, 808 Douglas Street
- Admission: By donation of cash or canned pet food the will be donated to local food banks.
Sunday Community Yoga – Sweat With Us
- What: Pop-up yoga space! Bring your mat, water and a friend to enjoy this complimentary yoga session.
- When: Sunday, March 19 at 8:30 am
- Where: Lululemon, 584 Johnson Street
- Admission: FREE