From checking out the beautiful blossoms around town to cheering on the Victoria Royals, there are plenty of things to do in Victoria this weekend.
View the blossoms in and around Victoria
- What: Spring is upon us and that means time to enjoy the plum and cherry blossoms!We have created a guide of some of our favorite spots to catch the blooms around town.
Eves of Destruction Season Opener
- What: Belles of the Brawl vs. Brickhouse Betties followed by the Heartless Heathers vs. Margarita Villains. Cold beer and cider are available for purchase, 50/50 raffle, half time entertainment and more.
- When: Saturday April 1 from 5:00pm – 9:00pm
- Where: Archie Browning Centre, 1151 Esquimalt Road
- Tickets: available online, kids under 10 are FREE
Greater Victoria BMX Association Open House + Registration
- What: Get ready for this years upcoming season, registration is happening today! Get your bike checked over to see if its ready to ride. New rider information and team available to answer your questions. Bring along any bikes, parts, clothing to put up for sale in the swap meet. *Please note there will be no bike allowed on the track.
- When: Saturday April 1 from 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- Where: 1767 Island Highway (behind Juan de Fuca Centre, lower area)
The Pedaler Puzzle Quest
- What: Want to take on something new and fun! Hop on your bike and take on the puzzle hunt through the streets of Victoria. Self-guided tour, appx 2-3 hours to complete. Check out the website for more information.
- When: Beginning Saturday, April 1
- Where: 321 Belleville Street
- Admission: Bike rental rate (discounted with a quest purchase)
Be Our Guest with the Canadian College of Performing Arts
- What: Join the CCPA for an exclusive sneak preview of the Beaty and the Beast musical. Representatives from Tru Spa Institute of Aesthetics will be available to makeover children into Beauty and Beasts. Make sure to enter to WIN 2 tickets to the full production taking place from April 21 – April 29.
- When: Saturday April 1 from 12:30pm – 2:30pm
- Where: The Bay Centre, lower level centre court
- Admission: FREE
Esquimalt’s Gigantic Garage Sale
- What: Swap and shop within your community. From clothes, books, toys, sports equipment and more.
When: Saturday April 1 from 9:00am – 12:00pm
Where: Archie Browning Centre
- Admission: FREE
Victoria Royals vs. Everett Silvertips
- What: PLAYOFF – Round 1 Game 6! Cheer on our local WHL team – “WE ARE ROYAL BLUE.” Puck drops at 2:05 pm.
- When: Sunday, April 2
- Where: Save on Foods Memorial Centre
- Tickets: view online or available at the box office
Victoria Symphony Concert for Kids: Science at the Symphony
- What: Join CBC Quirks & Quarks host Bob McDonald for a wacky afternoon of scientific hijinks. Learn how rubber bands and soda bottles can make music, and learn how to create your own instruments.
- When: Sunday April 2 from 2:30pm – 4:00pm
Where: Royal Theatre, 805 Broughton Street
- Tickets: Available online or at the box office
Dragon Boat Open House
- What: Have you ever wanted to try dragon boating? This is your opportunity and its FREE. All ages welcome and no experience required. On water coaching session taking place every 30 minutes. Refreshments and equipment will be provided. An adult must accompany children under 10.
- When: Sunday April 2 form 12:00pm – 3:00pm
- Where: Fairway Gorge Paddling Club, 2940 Jutland Road
- Admission: FREE
Spring Skincare Renewal
- What: Time of year to renew your complexion. Learn a step by step facial to do yourself at home, along with an effective facial massage treatment.
- When: Sunday April 2 from 11:30am – 12:30pm
- Where: Silk Road Tea, Chinatown 1624 Government Street
- Admission: $20/person or Free to VIP members
Insectarium Grand Opening Weekend
- What: Mantises, beetles, scorpions, stick insects and more! Visit the Insectarium for the opportunity to experience an array of insects and invertebrates from around the world. Scavenger hunt and Plenty of activities. Children under 12 are FREE when accompanied by an adult (one child per adult).
- When: Saturday, April 1 – Sunday, April 2 from
- Where: Victoria Butterfly Gardens, 1461 Benvenuto Avenue
- Admission: View online