Sunny weather has arrived and the temperatures are rising. Ready to get wet?
Grab the towels, sunscreen, and entire family – and head to a waterpark near you! If your kids are looking for fun ways to beat the heat, head over to some of the “coolest” places in the city – there’s nothing better than spending a hot day at the water park.
Here are 10 free water parks in and around Greater Victoria for kids to play in:
- Where: Beacon Hill Park on Circle Drive
- Hours: Open daily from June to Labour Day (weather permitting)
- Where: Fifth Street and Ocean Avenue (across road from new skate park)
- Hours: From the May long weekend to the end of summer
- Where: At Beckwith Avenue and Quadra Street in Saanich
- Hours: Open in June from Noon- 4 p.m., July & August from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., and September from noon to 4 p.m.
- Where: 1089 Langford Parkway in Langford BC
- Hours: Open now through Sept 3 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Cost: There is a cost to get into this one if you are not a Langford resident. $3.10 per child, and free for Langford residents (bring ID)
- Where: Shore View Drive in Langford
- Hours: Open now through September, 11am – 5pm daily
- Where: 535 Fraser Street in Esquimalt
- Hours: Open now through September, 10am- 8pm daily
- Where: Carlow Road in Langford
- Hours: Open now through September, 9am – 6pm daily
- Where: Leigh Road in Langford
- Hours: Open now through September, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily
- Where: Carnarvon Park on Henderson Road in Oak Bay
- Hours: Open now through September; 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. daily (weather permitting)
- Where: Uptown Shopping Centre in Saanich at 3440 Saanich RD
- Hours: During mall hours