Make sure the pools are ready and you have plenty of sunsreen kicking around.
Environment Canada expects temperatures could reach the mid-thirties as the week progresses.
The highest temperatures are expected Wednesday and Thursday. In the afternoons, temperatures will approach or exceed 33°C inland, away from the cooling influence of the ocean.
Here’s what to expect this week
- Sunday: Sunny. Windy near Juan de Fuca Strait. High 24 except 19 near the water. Humidex 26. UV index 8 or very high. At night: Clear. Windy near Juan de Fuca Strait this evening. Low 12.
- Monday: Sunny. High 26 except 21 near the water. Humidex 29. At night: Clear. Low 13.
- Tuesday: Sunny. High 29 except 24 near the water. At night: Clear. Low 14.
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 33 except 28 near the water. At Night: Clear. Low 14.
- Thursday: Sunny. High 33 except 28 near the water. At night: Clear. Low 14.
- Friday: Sunny. High 28. At night: Clear. Low 13.
- Here are 10 FREE water parks in Victoria
- Gorge Swim Fest cancelled after suspected sewage spill into waterway