Victoria and Vancouver Island were well represented in the 2017 BC Beer awards.
Swans’ Brewery Collection (with White Sails Brewing) took home an impressive award, winning the Best in Show award as the top overall beer. Phillips’ Analog 78 topped the Kolsch category, while Lighthouse Brewing’s Tasman Ale won the British Pale Ale section.
Mount Arrowsmith Brewing, located in Parksville, took home the Brewery of the Year award, while their Arrowsmith Blonde ale was considered the best in the American Blonde Ale category.
Courtney-based, Forbidden Brewing also represented the northern island well, winning the British Bitter category with their Organic Pale Ale.
Overall, the show occurred over three days and received nearly 900 entires from over 97 breweries around the province.
Here are the beers that placed from the island!
Vancouver Island Brewery Performances
- Swans Brewery Collaboration with White Sails Brewing – Victoria
- Octoberfest Flammenbeer – Best in show; 1st in Smoked & Wood Aged Brews
- Phillips Brewing – Victoria
- Analog 78 – 1st in Kolsch category
- Dino Sour – 3rd in Wild Specialty category
- Lighthouse Brewing – Victoria
- Tasman – 1st in British Pale Ale category
- Forbidden Brewing – Courtenay
- Organic Pale Ale – 1st in British Bitter category
- Mount Arrowsmith Brewing Company – Parksville
- Brewery of the year award!
- Arrowsmith blonde – 1st in American Blonde Ale category
- Sea Run Saison – 2nd in Saison category
- Sooke Oceanside Brewery – Sooke
- Renfrew Red Ale – 2nd in Scottish & Irish Ale category
- Twin City Brewing Company – Port Alberni
- Tickity Boo – 2nd in British Bitter category
- Tofino Brewing Company – Tofino
- Tofino Blonde Ale – 3rd in American Blonde Ale category
Click here to see the results from all 30 categories.