Hey Greater Victoria, get ready to have your streets lit up by 80 brilliantly-decorated trucks for the 19th year in a row!
The annual IEOA truck light convoy and food drive is back this Saturday, and even if you can’t make it to the real-life event, you can still have a great view of the event: Victoria Buzz will be live broadcasting a professional, multiple high-definition camera production of it by Roll Focus Productions on our Facebook page!
It’s a procession of trucks covered in Christmas lights that also helps feed the hungry – what’s not to love?!
Here’s how you can participate in this Victorian holiday tradition:
Donation stations for your non-perishable goods have been set up at the following businesses around town, so you can help IEOA give back to the community in the days leading up to the convoy.
- Accent Inn: 3233 Maple St
- Co-operators Insurance: 101-2455 Millstream Rd
- Hotel Zed: 3110 Douglas St
- P&R Truck Centre: 2005 Keating X Rd; 2095 Millstream Rd
- Richlock Rentals: 10115 McDonald Park Rd; 2994 Jacklin Rd
- Tim Hortons: 845 Goldstream Ave; 739 McCallum Rd; 1820 Island Hwy; 840-2945 Jacklin Rd; 102-2890 Westshore Pkwy
- Serious Coffee: 1703 Island Hwy; 101-2401G Millstream Rd; 3075D Douglas St.
- View Royal Casino: 1708 Island Hwy
Here’s a map of the convoy route:
- When: Saturday, December 2nd, 5:45 PM – 8:30 PM
- Where: See route map
- Admission: Free; donate your non-perishable food items at the locations listed above