No one can deny that one of the most popular New Year’s resolutions is to get in better shape. Whether you want to shed a few pounds or gain strength, going to the gym can be a challenge.
So this new year, let’s take the awkward out of getting healthy. Check out these seven fun places that will make you want to get your booty moving!
- What: This locally owned business is all about low-impact exercise, meaning anyone and everyone can do it. The 45-60 minute classes are informative, with the instructors trained to keep every rider safe – and you get your first class for only $5!
- Where: 719 Johnson St
- Cost: Here are the different packages to choose from
- What: If you want to get beaten back into shape ( just kidding!), Victoria Martial Arts (VMA), is for the place for you. This high energy gym has classes for every skill level so whether you’re a beginner or a professional, get strong, rev up your cardio, and improve your overall fitness. VMA is open 6 days a week, so you can absolutely demolish your New Year’s Resolution!
- Where: 630 Bay St
- Cost: Here are the various price packages
- What: Crag X is a rock climbing/bouldering facility with different classes for all skill levels. If you’re new, you have nothing to worry about: the knowledgeable and patient staff will take you under their wing and teach you everything you need to know to get you ascending that wall quickly and safely! You can rent all your equipment too.
- Where: 769 Pandora Ave
- Cost: All the prices are here
- What: Aerial classes are a unique and fun way to get in shape, strengthen core muscles, and maintain your sense of balance. The classes combine yoga with silk hammocks to make you feel powerful and blissful! Start with the beginner one, and when you’re feeling more comfortable, move up to the tricks class.
- Where: #301, 1821 Cook St
- Cost: Classes start at just $24
Beginner pole dance and floorwork class- learn techniques to polish you pole dance moves with spins, combinations, floorwork, and conditioning movements. Combining flare and beginner spins with step ups, floor moves, and different dance tempos in a fun fitness environment! 💕 No experience required. Wednesday evenings 630-730 or 745-845 $25 drop in/$100 per month contact [email protected] 🔥🔥🔥 #poledancing #poledancersofig #poledance #polefitness #polefit #polequeen #polebeauty #amethystdance #amethystdanceandfitness #yyj #beginnerfriendly
- What: Instructor Isabella Cortis teaches this beginner class that focuses on strutting, spins, pole flows and combinations. Pole dancing is a great way to strengthen your core and your arms. The best part: no experience is necessary! If pole dancing isn’t exactly your thing, Amethyst Studio has lots of other fun classes to choose from.
- Where: 733 Johnson St
- Cost: $100 for 4 week sessions
- What: Put your best foot forward in 2018, with the Running Room 5k running program. This clinic is also a community for people just like you, who want to get healthier and better their lifestyles. The 10-week program teaches injury prevention, along with group runs to keep you motivated. If you’re not sure you can do the 5k or if you think it’s is too easy, there are also other more (or less) challenging clinic options for you!
- Where: 1234 Government St
- Cost: $79.99
- What: Pop and lock into the New Year as you exercise, meet new people, and have fun at the same time! Vibestreet has lots of classes to choose from, ranging from beginner to expert. Whether you want to focus on break-dancing or get your groove on in a sassy girls-only class, they’ve got something for everyone!
- Where: 1322 Broad St
- Cost: Classes start at $60