Victoria police are asking for help from the public in locating a stolen guitar which has sentimental value to the owner.
The owner received the instrument from his grandfather in 2001.
The ‘K Yairi’ acoustic guitar was stolen in the 400-block of Swift Street and features this iconic painting on it.
Description of the guitar and case
- Hard brown cover case
- Half leather, half webbing style strap
- “The Scream” by Edvard Munch shown on it
- Light brown/yellow top
- Dark brown sides
- Back with white, slightly faded yellow
- Soundhole with mother of pearl
- Silver tuning pegs
- Brand name Grover
- Name spelled out in mother of pearl on the head of the guitar
VicPD can be contacted at 250-995-7654. Submit an anonymous report to Greater Victoria Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.