(Sean Rogers)

Emergency crews responded to a house engulfed in flames in Saanich on Wednesday shortly after 5 pm.

Firefighters arrived at 207 Obed Road and found black smoke billowing out of the chimney.
They took an hour to extinguish the fire.

Although the house was destroyed, no one was injured.

Damage is estimated between $100,000 to $150,000.

A fundraiser in support of two brothers affected by the fire can be found at GoFundMe.

Just in: Fire crews are dealing with a house fire on Obed Ave in Saanich. Avoid area. Update: https://www.facebook.com/victoriabcbuzz/posts/924417561039101Video courtesy of Sean Rogers

Posted by Victoria Buzz on Wednesday, December 13, 2017

We know this city. You should too. 👊

We uncover the best of the city and put it all in an email for you!