As a special end-of-year treat, we took a look back at Victoria Buzz’s most popular photos and videos on Facebook in 2017.
Not only is it easy to see why the scenic Victoria was named one of the top ten most instagrammed places in Canada, but we now also have a bucket list of locations to explore in 2018!
From 5,000 people dressed in red and white to form a Canadian flag during the Canada 150 celebrations, to sights of activism during the Women’s March in Centennial Square, and a Sooke man dealing with bears that block his way to work in the most Canadian way possible – this past year has certainly been an eventful one!
So check out this highlight reel of the photos and videos that got the most likes, comments, and shares in 2017 from YOU – the audience of Victoria Buzz!
20. The rising sun illuminating the Gorge Waterway
19. A mountain cloaked in a pink haze
18. The serene Shawnigan lake, blanketed in snow
17. Sunlight shining through trees in East Sooke
16. An RCMP officer showing off his scooter-skills
15. Vibrant cherry blossom trees overlooking the streets of James Bay
14. More cherry blossom trees forming a canopy over Moss Street
13. A waterfall enshrouded in green at Sombrio Beach
12. An owl perched on a tree outside the Bay Centre
11. A moon peeping through the clouds over Victoria
10. An expansive photo from Hurricane Hill
9. Snow-capped trees standing tall in Shawnigan lake
8. An Orca saying “Hi” to a ship in Esquimalt Lagoon
7. Victorians celebrating Canada 150 by forming a human flag
6. The Women’s March at Centennial Square
5. A Victorian winter wonderland
4. A frozen fountain in front of the BC Parliament building
3. Rushing waters in Ucluelet
2. A photo of the Canada Day crowd from the bell tower
1. The most Canadian response to a family of bears
What was your favourite 2017 photo/video moment?