Make the most of a gloomy day by heading over to the Victoria Autism Expo today.
Hosted by the Victoria Society for Children with Autism, the fair features vendors, services, caregivers, and professionals who are there to connect with parents of children and youth on the autism spectrum.
There will also be a series of informative presentations, by reputable authorities on the subject:
- 10:30 AM: Bev Kissinger (the former head of Community Living Victoria). She will be discussing Representative Agreements – a simple and essential planning tool which can cover financial, personal and/or health care matters.
- 1:00 PM: Oscar Trad-Tizarro (Osanis Counselling and Seasonal Instructor at the University of Victoria) who teaches “Disability and Child and Youth Care Practice” at the University of Victoria School of Child and Youth Care.
- 3:00 PM: Teresa Everitt (Autism BC) will be on hand to speak about transitioning to adulthood. Ms. Everitt has spent most of her adult life supporting individuals with ASD to be the best they can be.
The expo will also have limited childcare available, as well as games and activities for you and your kids to take part in!
Here’s the full list of vendors at the event:
Canucks Autism Network
Community Living Victoria
Little Steps Therapy Services
Boost Behavior Services
FIVE Behaviour Consultation Services Inc
Canadian Children’s Therapy
Katherine Paxton Counselling Services
Connect DOTS – Nidhi Petrusa, BSc, MScOT
Independent Tupperware Consultant – Angela Burnell
Naturopathic Physician – Dr. Anke Zimmermann, ND, FCAH
WE*CAN Learning Communities
Independent DoTerra Consultant – Julie Muttitt
Positive Connections – Landa Mark MA Behavioural Consultant
Victoria Speech and Language Centre – Carla Willock, M.Sc., RSLP
Victoria Autism-Asperger’s Meetup Group
Angela’s Totes and Bags
Perfect Day Special Needs Store
Pivot Point Family Growth Centre
- When: Saturday, February 3rd, 9 AM – 5 PM
- Where: St. Aidan’s United Church, 3703 St. Aidan’s Street
- Admission: Free