Friday, April 19, 2024

V-Day Sooke to present one-night-only reading of The Vagina Monologues


On Saturday, February 24, 2018, at 7:00 pm, V-Day Sooke will present a one-night-only benefit reading of Eve Ensler’s award-winning play The Vagina Monologues.

Tickets to the performance at Edward Milne Community Theatre are $25 and available online or in-person (cash only) at Shoppers Drug Mart – Evergreen Center, 6660 Sooke Rd, Stick in the Mud, 6715 Eustace Rd, Edward Milne Program Office, 6218 Sooke Rd, or Cascadia Liquor Langford, 107-977 Langford Parkway.

Entirely produced by volunteers and members of the community, the performance will donate 90% of the money raised to the Sooke Transition House Society and the remaining 10% will go to V-Day to support the work they do globally.

V-Day Sooke Presents: The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler

  • What: A benefit performance of The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler
  • Where: Edward Milne Community Theatre, 6218 Sooke Rd,
  • Date: Saturday, February 24.
  • Time: Doors at 6:30 for Silent Auction, show starts at 7 pm
  • Tickets: Click Here

The New York Times called The Vagina Monologues, “probably the most important piece of political theater of the last decade.” The play – first performed Off-Broadway and in locations around the world by Ms. Ensler – dives into the mystery, humor, pain, power, wisdom, outrage and excitement in women’s experiences.

V-Day grew out of the play which exploded onto the scene in 1998, breaking taboos about women’s sexuality and shattering silence around violence done to women and girls.

V-Day activists have raised consciousness, changed laws to protect women and girls, funded rape crisis centers and domestic violence shelters, educated their communities, and raised well over $100 million in urgently needed funds for groups doing the essential work of ending violence and serving survivors and their families.

To learn more about V-Day and its campaigns visit

Alistair Ogden
Former staff writer at Victoria Buzz.

Read more

Latest Stories