This Thursday, learn more about the world we live in from experts in the field.
For the first time ever, Royal BC Museum is extending an invitation to the public to attend their Research Day on March 15th for free.
Until this year, Research Day has strictly been for museum staff and academia, created to share information amongst peers. But now, you’re invited to take part in this annual event!
Soak in the knowledge attained by academics and professionals at thirteen different presentations throughout the day. You’ll also be given the opportunity to ask questions at three separate panel discussions on the general themes.
While these events always focus on a variety of topics, this year’s subjects are particularly diverse, ranging from spiders to the energy sector in BC. Click here for the full schedule.
Can’t physically make it? No worries! The museum has set up Facebook live stream links for all three sections of the event, so you can watch everything from the comfort of your home:
- Session 1 (Biodiversity Past and Present; 10:10 AM to 11:45 AM)
- Session 2 (BC Journeys: Cultural and Economic Perspectives in BC History; 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM)
- Session 3 (Indigenous Heritage and Reconciliation; 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM)
- When: Thursday, March 15th, 10 AM – 4 PM
- Where: Newcombe Conference Hall, Royal BC Museum
- Admission: FREE