An early morning fire on Thursday consumed a home on Kestrel Ridge in Langford.
The family, including the dog, was able to escape the burning building at around 5:30 a.m., before the house was consumed by the flames.
Several neighbours were evacuated, and West Shore RCMP advised that people avoid the Gourman Pl and Peacock Pl area while firefighters worked to extinguish the flame.
— West Shore RCMP (@WestshoreRCMP) June 7, 2018
No injuries were reported, as the residents of the home heard the smoke alarm and were able to get out on time.
Their dog was initially trapped inside the house, but fire fighters were able to rescue him – he was taken to a vet due to smoke inhalation, but is doing well.
“Based on some witness statements, it looks like the fire originated toward the garage end of the house so investigators be focusing there,” Langford Fire Chief Chris Aubrey told Victoria Buzz.
The investigation is currently ongoing.