We’re so close to the weekend, we can almost taste it!
But until then, here are some events to look forward to today:
The Downtown Victoria Buskers Festival (DVBF) is a FREE FIVE-DAY Community Event. Come down, bring the kids, parents, grandparents, loved ones, and even your furry friends along , and check out some of the world’s BEST and BRIGHTEST BUSKING STARS!
- Centennial Square – This is the main hub of the event where the main stage is located and a stage on the grass area along Douglas Street plus a variety of food vendors. Please bring your own chairs or blankets for seating.
- Market Square – This breathtaking, heritage site will feature a kid-friendly area with face painting by donation, hula hoops and bubbles.
- Bastion Square – With an artisan market, one of the most breath-taking backdrops around and built in seating this is a must see location!
- When: Thursday, August 30th to Monday, September 3rd (see schedule)
Come and participate in a FREE outdoor yoga session while enjoying the fresh air for the summer evening. Combine flowing movements with static yoga postures to release, restore and lengthen the body. In collaboration with Play in the Park , this yoga session will take place in Pioneer Park. Please bring a mat. All levels welcome. Weather dependent.
- Where: Pioneer Park 7130 West Saanich Road
- When: Thursday, Aug 30 from 6pm – 7pm
Shoppers will find a wide selection of freshly harvested seasonal fruits and vegetables, ethically raised meat, chicken and duck eggs, cheese, fresh baked breads and other baked goods, a variety of prepared foods, preserves and beverages, vegan foods, local beer, wine, cider and spirit, and a range of handmade artisan items, including clothing, body products, jewellery and art!
- Where: Esquimalt Farmers Market
- When: 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Every Thursday night over 150 vendors sell gifts, fresh produce, hand-made crafts, great food and much more at this popular market! There is also entertainment on every block! The market lines the main street of Beacon Avenue, between 1st and 5th Streets. Parking is available on side streets and public lots, and is permitted in municipal lots after 5:00 pm.
- Where: Beacon Ave, between 1st and 5th Streets, Sidney
- When: 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Tudor House Liquor Store have so many tastings lined up for you guys. Just pop by the tasting bar for a taster & a chat with the great people behind these brands. All tastings from 3 to 6pm!
- Where: Tudor House Liquor Store, 533 Admirals Rd
- When: 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Cost: Free!