Whether you’re looking to broaden your horizons, or just want to have a good time, today’s definitely your day!
Here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today!
- What: Eyes of Society: Art, Traditional Knowledge, and the Watchmen of Haida Gwaii, is a collection of thirty artworks by ten Haida and non-indigenous artists to be featured at the Robert Bateman Centre this summer. Coming from different regional and cultural backgrounds, these artists explore their ‘sense of place’ on the islands of Haida Gwaii through their own artistic traditions.
- When: 2 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- Where: Robert Bateman Centre, 470 Belleville St
- Admission: $6-10
- What: American folk-roots singer-songwriter and guitarist, Trevor Hall is coming to Victoria with guest Will Evans. He is currently on tour to support his latest release “The Fruitful Darkness”.
- When: 7 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Where: Capital Ballroom, 858 Yates St
- Admission: $29.37. Click here to purchase.
- What: B: Bring a friend or just come by yourself!
I: Imagine the fun you can have kicking butt at music bingo!
N: New and exciting prizes to be won every week!
G: Get yourself to Yates Street Taphouse by 8pm on Tuesday!
O: Order your fave food or bevy and make a fun night of it!
- When: 8 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Where:Yates Street Taphouse Bar&Grill, 759 Yates St
- Cost: Free!
- What: If learning about ancient pyramids, hieroglyphs, and mummies sounds like an awesome way to spend your summer, then walk like an Egyptian down to the Royal BC Museum. ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼The exhibit gives visitors a glimpse into all aspects of ancient Egyptian life, from the emergence of ancient Egyptian civilization along the Nile to the Ptolemaic and Roman eras.
- When: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville St
- Admission: Varies.
- What: An exhibition of new work by Susan Corner and Andrew Niemann. ‘In Our Own Landscape’ reflects their individual approach to exploring the world around them – Andrew with dried flowers photographed as landscapes and Susan with paintings of landscapes that affected her.
- When: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Where: Cedar Hill Main Gallery, 3220 Cedar Hill Rd
- Admission: Free!
For more things to do, check out our events page!